ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

25% profit increase yet big wigs spell doom and gloom

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6702
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

25% profit increase yet big wigs spell doom and gloom

Post by RobertT »

jetblack wrote:I wonder if this will make them reconsider the (non)affordability of the various employee pension plans currently on the table :hmmmm
I think we already know the answer to that.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
leelatic
Posts: 108
Joined: 20 May 2007, 20:55

25% profit increase yet big wigs spell doom and gloom

Post by leelatic »

On the same day this was announced DOMs in my area were told to fail packets rather than pay out overtime.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

25% profit increase yet big wigs spell doom and gloom

Post by Dorset Plodder »

All I know is I'm certainly 25% more knackered when I get home....and my interest in getting anything done around the house or garden has dropped by 6%! It must be true! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

25% profit increase yet big wigs spell doom and gloom

Post by Brandy »

leelatic wrote:On the same day this was announced DOMs in my area were told to fail packets rather than pay out overtime.
I thought this company was supposed to care about the customers!!!! All they care about is themselves,they dont give a toss about the poor posties or the customers. :no no
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

25% profit increase yet big wigs spell doom and gloom

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

Dorset Plodder wrote:All I know is I'm certainly 25% more knackered when I get home....and my interest in getting anything done around the house or garden has dropped by 6%! It must be true! :cuppa
I know exactly what you mean :Applause
FAB
Posts: 234
Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
Gender: Male

25% profit increase yet big wigs spell doom and gloom

Post by FAB »

What worries me is I still feel knackered on my days off and even holidays! Hope when/if I eventually retire I will start to feel more energised again!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

25% profit increase yet big wigs spell doom and gloom

Post by k979aaa »

FAB wrote:What worries me is I still feel knackered on my days off and even holidays! Hope when/if I eventually retire I will start to feel more energised again!
What is to say the job will probably kill you before you retire.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

25% profit increase yet big wigs spell doom and gloom

Post by Brandy »

FAB wrote:What worries me is I still feel knackered on my days off and even holidays! Hope when/if I eventually retire I will start to feel more energised again!
I know exactly where you are coming from, I managed to get out recently after 19 years service.I was knackered all the time and fed up of the way I was treated. I was made to hate the job I loved .
I would love to see those at the top do what the posties have to do,wonder how long they would last!!!!
Good luck I really feel for the posties now. :pray
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

25% profit increase yet big wigs spell doom and gloom

Post by WOBBLY »

Ahh Royal Mail's magic pen strikes again :chuckle (any company can make the figures look good or bad, it just depends how you display them!!)