ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Claiming o/t

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
yubin282
Posts: 994
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Claiming o/t

Post by yubin282 »

robbertwhitton wrote:
lcook282 wrote:While were on the subject is there any offices that have a set time for full timers breaks. I'm usually the only person taking a break in my office, just after I've bagged up. Much to the annoyance of the runners who end up loading the van themselves.
Brilliant!! Well done that man,do you see steam coming out there ears??
Most of them just accepted it eventually, although theres definitely a lot of annoyed staring and sweating of the brow going on as in enjoy my green tea and sandwiches.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Claiming o/t

Post by NewPostieUK »

peshwaarinaan wrote:my Line Manager tried to knock 10 minutes off as we've got to finish at the same time???? .
Rubbish. Why on earth would you have to finish at the same time? Different contracts different start times different breaks.. different amounts of overtime.

I rarely put down the same finish time as my partner and we ARE meant to finish at the same time. He slings his PDA and van keys in and runs out. I sort the bags, put my 739's in the correct place and have my break. I'll often put a finish time 40 minutes after his.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Claiming o/t

Post by peshwaarinaan »

NewPostieUK wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:my Line Manager tried to knock 10 minutes off as we've got to finish at the same time???? .
Rubbish. Why on earth would you have to finish at the same time? Different contracts different start times different breaks.. different amounts of overtime.

I rarely put down the same finish time as my partner and we ARE meant to finish at the same time. He slings his PDA and van keys in and runs out. I sort the bags, put my 739's in the correct place and have my break. I'll often put a finish time 40 minutes after his.
Thanks for your reply. I will await another battle when I claim OT today.
telithowitis
Posts: 149
Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
Gender: Male

Claiming o/t

Post by telithowitis »

5-7 hours = 30 min break
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Claiming o/t

Post by redneck »

As someone else has mentioned, if you don't physically take your breaks then add them on at the end. If the screws get funny and refuse to pay them as they weren't actually taken then TAKE the paid break that you are entitled to. They would like us all NOT to take our breaks and NOT claim. Unfortunately some employees are rewarded in favouritism for or bullied into doing exactly that. C'est la vie.