ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Fairnessforall
Posts: 13
Joined: 10 Mar 2016, 19:04
Gender: Male

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by Fairnessforall »

Had an interesting conversation this morning in which it was stated that all DOMs in my sector have been told by the Delivery Director to start managing people out of the business. The presupposition for this is that they are either bad at their job, walk slowly or drop Mail (regardless of duty size). To me this is an attempt to cull full time staff. Add this to the fact Royal Mail are updating all of their viewing galleries for IB to watch over us (I again suspect this is to do away with full time employees) and we're heading down a very dangerous road.

I would advise everyone to inform themselves of what is expected on a daily basis and the agreed standards for achieving this. Everyone not doing things by the book, are risking their jobs, with an employer that can't wait to sack them...

Good luck comrades...
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by Newbie001 »

Been doing so for years. But if new proposals get in regarding terms for new staff. Would expect massive increase in sackings, mostly full-timers. After all evr is expensive also.
Chitchat
Posts: 366
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
Gender: Male

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by Chitchat »

Newbie001 wrote:Been doing so for years. But if new proposals get in regarding terms for new staff. Would expect massive increase in sackings, mostly full-timers. After all evr is expensive also.
And this is why the union has to say no way to different terms and conditions for new starters.
Fairnessforall
Posts: 13
Joined: 10 Mar 2016, 19:04
Gender: Male

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by Fairnessforall »

I agree with you both. I believe that the money they would save by getting rid of full time staff works with or without the new terms, however, I believe Royal Mail already think they'll get this through as they did with the pension changes. They changed the new starters and they're coming for everyone's pension now. Divide and conquer, works every time, if we let it...
Chitchat
Posts: 366
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
Gender: Male

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by Chitchat »

To protect our terms and conditions we must fight for the terms and conditions of new entrants.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by Sugar »

Fairnessforall wrote:Had an interesting conversation this morning in which it was stated that all DOMs in my sector have been told by the Delivery Director to start managing people out of the business. The presupposition for this is that they are either bad at their job, walk slowly or drop Mail (regardless of duty size). To me this is an attempt to cull full time staff. Add this to the fact Royal Mail are updating all of their viewing galleries for IB to watch over us (I again suspect this is to do away with full time employees) and we're heading down a very dangerous road.

I would advise everyone to inform themselves of what is expected on a daily basis and the agreed standards for achieving this. Everyone not doing things by the book, are risking their jobs, with an employer that can't wait to sack them...

Good luck comrades...
I hope you've flagged this up with your area rep and forwarded it onto union headquarters. If it is true then headquarters need to know what is going on.
scoobymunster
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
Gender: Male

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by scoobymunster »

Fairnessforall wrote: Add this to the fact Royal Mail are updating all of their viewing galleries for IB to watch over us (I again suspect this is to do away with full time employees) and we're heading down a very dangerous road.
Can you elaborate more on this?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3724
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by yellowbelly »

scoobymunster wrote:
Fairnessforall wrote: Add this to the fact Royal Mail are updating all of their viewing galleries for IB to watch over us (I again suspect this is to do away with full time employees) and we're heading down a very dangerous road.
Can you elaborate more on this?
Sorry, I work in small offices so dumb question - what's a viewing gallery - mug shots of people or a viewing point from offices in big workplaces?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by clashcityrocker »

yellowbelly wrote:
Sorry, I work in small offices so dumb question - what's a viewing gallery - mug shots of people or a viewing point from offices in big workplaces?
In larger offices the IB have a separate entrance so they can sneak in and watch what is going on on the floor.
A viewing gallery is exactly what it says on the tin - an overview of the office with a one way glass. They have a little room where they can watch the CCTV.
It actually sounds quite exciting. I wonder how you apply?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:It actually sounds quite exciting. I wonder how you apply?
Watch too many episodes of CSI and Law & Order UK then fail the police entrance exam. An alternative route is through the military by failing the physical and subscribing to Soldier of Fortune.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
ballsup
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 55
Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 15:48
Gender: Male

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by ballsup »

I always fancied being in the IB, chasing the bad guys bringing down the good name of Royal Mail. Now that I have been around a few years I have changed my mind.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by k979aaa »

ballsup wrote:I always fancied being in the IB, chasing the bad guys bringing down the good name of Royal Mail. Now that I have been around a few years I have changed my mind.
The real bad one's are at the top so don't think you would be helping the customer or royalmails reputation as money can get you taken out of the equation before you even make the accusation!
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by Interested-seeker »

Fairnessforall wrote:Had an interesting conversation this morning in which it was stated that all DOMs in my sector have been told by the Delivery Director to start managing people out of the business. The presupposition for this is that they are either bad at their job, walk slowly or drop Mail (regardless of duty size). To me this is an attempt to cull full time staff. Add this to the fact Royal Mail are updating all of their viewing galleries for IB to watch over us (I again suspect this is to do away with full time employees) and we're heading down a very dangerous road.

I would advise everyone to inform themselves of what is expected on a daily basis and the agreed standards for achieving this. Everyone not doing things by the book, are risking their jobs, with an employer that can't wait to sack them...

Good luck comrades...
Great, I was already stressed that my 6 month contract won't be extended and now I am even more worried. :sad:
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Because forewarned is forearmed...

Post by terry2972 »

It will be