ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
Would anyone cut off and leave their Specials?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
Cutting off pretty much every day here and the way it works for us, is if they have people delivering the cut-offs that we leave behind in the morning, then they do the tracked. If however they tell us to take everything out and bring back what we don't have time for, we have to ensure the tracked is delivered, so have to break off and run those around before returning to the office.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
There's a walk in our office a van share they do the walk how the planner set it out. So if they know they won't be able to get to the special before one, they don't even take it out.clashcityrocker wrote:Would anyone cut off and leave their Specials?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
Then the planner was a tool. (No real surprise there I know)CPTNemoUK wrote:There's a walk in our office a van share they do the walk how the planner set it out. So if they know they won't be able to get to the special before one, they don't even take it out.clashcityrocker wrote:Would anyone cut off and leave their Specials?
Every van share I have ever seen has a smaller driver loop at some point to allow him/her to do any SD that would otherwise fall after the 1pm deadline.
I have never seen a van share need to leave a SD for someone else to do.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
Don't think it's the planner they are just lazy awkward sods.clashcityrocker wrote:Then the planner was a tool. (No real surprise there I know)CPTNemoUK wrote:There's a walk in our office a van share they do the walk how the planner set it out. So if they know they won't be able to get to the special before one, they don't even take it out.clashcityrocker wrote:Would anyone cut off and leave their Specials?
Every van share I have ever seen has a smaller driver loop at some point to allow him/her to do any SD that would otherwise fall after the 1pm deadline.
I have never seen a van share need to leave a SD for someone else to do.
-
Sawfeet
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
How would I know I'v got Tracked as I don't prep my frame?
On a Walk with HCT no van.
On a Walk with HCT no van.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32809
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
Tracked/specials should always be separate from the normal mail so they could be easily accessed.
They are Royal Mail's holy grail, the golden nugget, the bee's knees, numero uno, the money shot, ect ect, f**k around with them at your peril.
They are Royal Mail's holy grail, the golden nugget, the bee's knees, numero uno, the money shot, ect ect, f**k around with them at your peril.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
O/T slightly - does anybody still put or get tracked with the purple stickers on?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
Yesyellowbelly wrote:O/T slightly - does anybody still put or get tracked with the purple stickers on?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
We work with idiots..... some Posties just like to take the piss out of their colleagues. We all know that if you've got a van you can quickly nip off, out of walk order, and deliver a Special. I often hear, "But that Special's right at the end of my delivery", might be a problem with a HCT but not with a van!clashcityrocker wrote:Then the planner was a tool. (No real surprise there I know)CPTNemoUK wrote:There's a walk in our office a van share they do the walk how the planner set it out. So if they know they won't be able to get to the special before one, they don't even take it out.clashcityrocker wrote:Would anyone cut off and leave their Specials?
Every van share I have ever seen has a smaller driver loop at some point to allow him/her to do any SD that would otherwise fall after the 1pm deadline.
I have never seen a van share need to leave a SD for someone else to do.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
I agree. When we sign for Specials they'll include those for Lapsing as well ..... at which time I'll normally comment, "I see you assume I'm lapsing". However I will normally take them, as I drive pass the lapsing and it's doesn't take too long to deliver them. Brownie Points for me!Judgee wrote:Tracked and specials should always be prioritised even if they are all you have time to deliver!
If I use the Over Running Procedure (Management just hate the term Cutting Off don't they?) I normally leave the Tracked items as well (but again take Specials for that Section). Never had a problem so far, as the "Overtime Bandits" hoover up any left overs. If I'm ever asked to take the Tracked I'll be careful to leave a few more DPs to make the time up.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
Lol!! Brilliant pic as I've said many a time ,you really couldn't write this stuff!!!!Mobey wrote:
Some people don't half leave them open to disciplinary action when they comment on here or do what they please.
Tracked and specials are really important.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
My van share duty covers three towns/villages. If we get specials for all three places we can't do them so leave the ones for one village behind.clashcityrocker wrote:Then the planner was a tool. (No real surprise there I know)CPTNemoUK wrote:There's a walk in our office a van share they do the walk how the planner set it out. So if they know they won't be able to get to the special before one, they don't even take it out.clashcityrocker wrote:Would anyone cut off and leave their Specials?
Every van share I have ever seen has a smaller driver loop at some point to allow him/her to do any SD that would otherwise fall after the 1pm deadline.
I have never seen a van share need to leave a SD for someone else to do.
As far as cutting off is concerned, we usually leave one loop at one town, which means we don't need to visit that town at all, leaving everything including specials and tracked.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
This whole problem would never arise with achievable workloads but given those un-achievable workloads we should do our best but even then whole towns and other problems like bin wagons would make a duty un-achievable but conduct for this would be a walkout by all staff and even then the whole area should be on the gate!
-
_-=Elton=-_
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 11 May 2017, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
This kind of conversation is why we as Postman, need to keep each other up to date especially with new Post people within offices, with the Rules that Managers try and set or bend. Each day before bundling, Look at your frame, if need be, have the conversation with management ' I'm not going to complete, I do / Don't wish to stay out etc ' The the manager can make the decision what happens. Factor in to your decision, Start / finish time, Attendance items, Specials, Weather, time you finished sorting or finished prepping and additional stuff such as bank holiday run over and attendance rate. I can understand that its common to put small tracked into frame before delivery, but consider if this loops likely to be completed before doing that, If so, mark them off separately and save yourself hassle later so you can grab them quickly from the bag( flip them around in the frame too, so you HAVE to turn them before posting to see the address and see the barcode , no silly delivered track mistakes ).
