ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why I won't bother joining unions
-
raymod
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
What I don't get is why the union rep would agree for you to use your car. In my experience it's one of the things the union rep stands against in delivery office's. "can you use your car today for delivery" answer "no" end of story
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
The union rep at our office starts over 1 hr early and comes in on his day off to put the next days d2ds in their frame
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
shouldn't be the rep then. vote him out.TheTrolleyMan wrote:The union rep at our office starts over 1 hr early and comes in on his day off to put the next days d2ds in their frame
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
The union rep in our office starts bang on his start time every day, uses a trolley and refuses to be bullied into not claiming docket if he goes over his time by gorilla type managers. He has never used his own vehicle on delivery(as why on earth would you put your own fuel into it to support RM's work?), has never had an incident so far where I haven't been paid for going over (despite many threats), and if ever he is refused payment in the future he will 'leave in' to finish bang on time as others do. Me.daveyeff wrote:shouldn't be the rep then. vote him out.TheTrolleyMan wrote:The union rep at our office starts over 1 hr early and comes in on his day off to put the next days d2ds in their frame
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
that's disgusting.daveyeff wrote:shouldn't be the rep then. vote him out.TheTrolleyMan wrote:The union rep at our office starts over 1 hr early and comes in on his day off to put the next days d2ds in their frame
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
True mate our office is well and truly f**ked
-
templek
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 22 Oct 2008, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
Is there a need to be in the union of you have an issue and they won't help? My bank account gives free legal assistant for any legal matter including employment disputes. If I had known this at the time I would have gone through them instead 'jobsworth' union reps who only help based on seniority or popularity. That's what I'll be doing from now on. I don't really care if they call me a scab or get others to cold shoulder if I cross lines or don't take part in action. I'll just tell them what a bunch of hypocrites they are and not a sheep to bullying by unions or management
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
So you weren't in the union so don't moan about it! They can't be at fault if you weren't in it.
Sounds like you should moan about yourself, didn't ask anyone about something which was blatantly common sense then didn't read your insurance policy to know you could get advice on employment disputes.
Frankly you sound like one of these people who always want to blame someone else when something goes wrong. Take a look in the mirror if you are looking for someone to blame!!!
Sounds like you should moan about yourself, didn't ask anyone about something which was blatantly common sense then didn't read your insurance policy to know you could get advice on employment disputes.
Frankly you sound like one of these people who always want to blame someone else when something goes wrong. Take a look in the mirror if you are looking for someone to blame!!!
-
templek
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 22 Oct 2008, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
I was a paid up member of the CWU. I job bed when they made me permanent after 2 years as casual ( Saturday only but working 6 days). Ironically the same union rep signed me up when I was made perm then stabv d me on the back with other managers for using my car after giving me the nod to do it
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Why I won't bother joining unions
And when you go and see the DOM saying "this bloke at the bank said I don't have to do this or that" and he says in reply "I don't give two wossnames what some bloke down the bank says..." you're then going to do....what?templek wrote:Is there a need to be in the union of you have an issue and they won't help? My bank account gives free legal assistant for any legal matter including employment disputes. If
Get the bank guy to come down and negotiate with RM..?
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Why I won't bother joining unions
templek wrote: the same union rep signed me up when I was made perm then stabs dme on the back with other managers for using my car after giving me the nod to do it
Not to be disrespectful but you really do need help.templek wrote:My bank account gives free legal assistant for any legal matter including employment disputes.
Good luck with the bank negotiating for you
Just realised all your posts are similar, nonsense & vague sooooo guessing I took the bait. 1 - 0 to you
-
parforthewalk
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 10 Feb 2013, 17:23
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
Very interesting figures Dingo (Thanks).dingo wrote: Membership has not been higher for over 5 years. Non members dipped below 20 thousand for the first time this year. Membership in Royal Mail stands at 110 thousand and there are 129 thousand Royal Mail employees. The biggest non membership regions are Northern Ireland , Scotland and the North East.
One of the the issues for current members is that if & when there is IA, these 20,000 non-members will no doubt be opting out of any IA. They won't be loosing any pay & will be benefiting from easy O/T work i.e.packets (Specials/Tracked/Recorded. .etc). Also whatever the deal the union secures from any such talks the non-members benefit anyway. It's a total win-win for them.
Those who are not in the union should therefore not benefit from any new negotiations/deals. That would only seem fair from the existing members point of view.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
while you are on the subject of ''hypocrites'', will you be refusing any payrise the union gets, due to the fact you worked and got paid whilst your colleagues stayed away to fight for the rise?templek wrote:Is there a need to be in the union of you have an issue and they won't help? My bank account gives free legal assistant for any legal matter including employment disputes. If I had known this at the time I would have gone through them instead 'jobsworth' union reps who only help based on seniority or popularity. That's what I'll be doing from now on. I don't really care if they call me a scab or get others to cold shoulder if I cross lines or don't take part in action. I'll just tell them what a bunch of hypocrites they are and not a sheep to bullying by unions or management
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Why I won't bother joining unions
That isn't necessarily correct.parforthewalk wrote: these 20,000 non-members will no doubt be opting out of any IA.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Why I won't bother joining unions
ive known non-members from years ago who obviously didn't get a vote but didn't cross the line. so I think it will be the same sort of situation.