ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Double Bagging

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Kick the Bucket »

norm wrote:We call it the bandolier. :chuckle

Image
I call it "the mug" :thumbup
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darwinsdad
Posts: 78
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Darwinsdad »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:Ive heard that in some offices Delivery Coaches & CWU Reps don't even use trolleys ( mandatory equipment ) f**king disgrace
That happens in my office. Also one of the 'coaches' is a work for free early starter, who runs round so they can get back to complete '4 hours claimed 1 hour' worked ghosting.
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Kick the Bucket »

Darwinsdad wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:Ive heard that in some offices Delivery Coaches & CWU Reps don't even use trolleys ( mandatory equipment ) f**king disgrace
That happens in my office. Also one of the 'coaches' is a work for free early starter, who runs round so they can get back to complete '4 hours claimed 1 hour' worked ghosting.
So this is the calibre of people representing us... Great
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Double Bagging

Post by Interested-seeker »

bigbazza wrote:What the hell is wrong with these turnips. They are killing the job for everyone and they will be the first to cry when it's all over. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Yes, they make it worse for others as the managers will expect us all to do that. I do my best to work at a reasonably fast and efficient pace, but I will never run/jog as that is unsustainable, degrading and against health and safety. I would never carry more than one bag, that is crazy. Also, would make sense to use the lightweight trolleys if he wanted to take two bags out at the same time.
Professor Chaos
Posts: 30
Joined: 21 Jul 2016, 14:58
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Professor Chaos »

Darwinsdad wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:Ive heard that in some offices Delivery Coaches & CWU Reps don't even use trolleys ( mandatory equipment ) f**king disgrace
That happens in my office. Also one of the 'coaches' is a work for free early starter, who runs round so they can get back to complete '4 hours claimed 1 hour' worked ghosting.
Ghosting is shouldn't be happening. It's fraud and any mangers signing it off are risking their job and possibly end up being prosecuted.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Interested-seeker wrote:
bigbazza wrote:What the hell is wrong with these turnips. They are killing the job for everyone and they will be the first to cry when it's all over. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Yes, they make it worse for others as the managers will expect us all to do that. I do my best to work at a reasonably fast and efficient pace, but I will never run/jog as that is unsustainable, degrading and against health and safety. I would never carry more than one bag, that is crazy. Also, would make sense to use the lightweight trolleys if he wanted to take two bags out at the same time.
You shouldn't be carrying any bags
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Postie45 »

there is some allowance for carrying bags in some cases where its required for whatever reason. However i think people posting in this forum havent indicated they fall under that category and are doing it for time saving purposes.
Professor Chaos
Posts: 30
Joined: 21 Jul 2016, 14:58
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Professor Chaos »

Postie45 wrote:there is some allowance for carrying bags in some cases where its required for whatever reason. However i think people posting in this forum havent indicated they fall under that category and are doing it for time saving purposes.
Yes correct. You can carry upto 11kgs for the purpose of delivering to multi story buildings. Although these loops should be planned accordingly. I.e. end of loop or very small loop.
Spigot bearing
Posts: 83
Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Spigot bearing »

Clared wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:What is wrong with using a trolley?
I never use a trolley it's far too time consuming ! I carry 1 bag which I am comfortable with, too many packets I throw them out or let the driver take them.
The job is physically enough. Ppl want to run round that's up to them I ain't killing myself
That's nice of you letting your driver deliver your packets.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Double Bagging

Post by Interested-seeker »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:
bigbazza wrote:What the hell is wrong with these turnips. They are killing the job for everyone and they will be the first to cry when it's all over. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Yes, they make it worse for others as the managers will expect us all to do that. I do my best to work at a reasonably fast and efficient pace, but I will never run/jog as that is unsustainable, degrading and against health and safety. I would never carry more than one bag, that is crazy. Also, would make sense to use the lightweight trolleys if he wanted to take two bags out at the same time.
You shouldn't be carrying any bags
Everyone uses bags at my office. I've only been there for a few weeks.
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Kick the Bucket »

Interested-seeker wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:
bigbazza wrote:What the hell is wrong with these turnips. They are killing the job for everyone and they will be the first to cry when it's all over. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Yes, they make it worse for others as the managers will expect us all to do that. I do my best to work at a reasonably fast and efficient pace, but I will never run/jog as that is unsustainable, degrading and against health and safety. I would never carry more than one bag, that is crazy. Also, would make sense to use the lightweight trolleys if he wanted to take two bags out at the same time.
You shouldn't be carrying any bags
Everyone uses bags at my office. I've only been there for a few weeks.
Like that at my office mate. There are a few of use that will trolley on, but it just makes you a target by management. If everyone just used their trolleys it would make life so much easier for everyone... Including management
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by ScousePostie »

I use a trolley on some of my loops when I need to. I'm not going to kill myself carrying a massive overweight bag (or two) just because using a trolley is frowned upon. If you think about it, carrying one huge bag is likely to slow you down anyway, not to mention those who are carrying two huge bags. Sometimes it actually makes the loop quicker because it means that I don't have to drive to deliver a few tiny boxes because they wouldn't go into one bag.
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Double Bagging

Post by LouBarlow »

ScousePostie wrote:I use a trolley on some of my loops when I need to. I'm not going to kill myself carrying a massive overweight bag (or two) just because using a trolley is frowned upon. If you think about it, carrying one huge bag is likely to slow you down anyway, not to mention those who are carrying two huge bags. Sometimes it actually makes the loop quicker because it means that I don't have to drive to deliver a few tiny boxes because they wouldn't go into one bag.
The size of the loops in our office I have no idea how you would get all the mail and packets into one bag anyway. I use a trolley for part of my rural delivery (estate) and it saves no end of time, compared to driving it all. I'm surprised they are so loathed.
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by ScousePostie »

LouBarlow wrote:
ScousePostie wrote:I use a trolley on some of my loops when I need to. I'm not going to kill myself carrying a massive overweight bag (or two) just because using a trolley is frowned upon. If you think about it, carrying one huge bag is likely to slow you down anyway, not to mention those who are carrying two huge bags. Sometimes it actually makes the loop quicker because it means that I don't have to drive to deliver a few tiny boxes because they wouldn't go into one bag.
The size of the loops in our office I have no idea how you would get all the mail and packets into one bag anyway. I use a trolley for part of my rural delivery (estate) and it saves no end of time, compared to driving it all. I'm surprised they are so loathed.
Exactly. If you say, you had to throw out x amount of packets because they won't go into one bag. There's x amount of times you have to get in van, get out of van, get parcel, go to door, maybe have to try neighbours, get back in van, next parcel and so on.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by bustedflush »

I found the triple bag was better to balance this type of loop. One each side with mail evenly distributed in each and flat packets, then the third round the neck so it was behind me but obviously containing the lighter bigger packets such as those bloody tubes etc. so I didn't cut off my air supply. Just reach over the shoulder to pull them out. Some did this other way round so the third bag was in front of your chest but that got in the way when I tried it. This worked OK mostly but occasionally when stepping over those 3-foot picket fences they would swing around and become annoying when you were off balance. There was a positive health and safety aspect though, as if you fell over at any stage you were effectively padded from 3 sides to reduce the chance of any grazes or bruises.