ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Polling Cards
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards
Do we have to do them? I had wed and friday off and i did not have time to touch them on thursday and there was a huge tray full of them.If they are still there today i will not be happy.I only work my hours if i do any overtime i basically have to pay it back in tax credits the following year so i no longer bother.Surely these poll cards count as an optional extra like overtime?
-
Downeagle
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 08:30
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards
Ours came in on Thursday and we were told they must go out that day, I checked with area CWU rep and he agreed that it was one day because they came in as downstream access? 5p by the way.
-
Daniel-san
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 17:51
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards
We were told by management we have 3 days to deliver Polling cards, we get paid 4.2p for each card,
We had to count each one and sign a sheet with the amount we've done, pay no etc...
We've now heard (hopefully just a rumour) that we'll not be being paid for it!!
it took effing ages to count them and sort & they weren't even sequenced!
whats the score?
We had to count each one and sign a sheet with the amount we've done, pay no etc...
We've now heard (hopefully just a rumour) that we'll not be being paid for it!!
it took effing ages to count them and sort & they weren't even sequenced!
whats the score?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards
And it's going to be fun and games for those part timers who come in, and finish off prepping their own frame, let alone finishing off prepping the paired walk which is lapsed daily, before even touching polling cards.... 
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12201
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards
No point in running them through the CSS, the CSS machines reject nearly all of them during the 2nd passesDaniel-san wrote:they weren't even sequenced!
whats the score?
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards
At least they come in sorted by the street, take weeks to do them if they were completely mixed!SpacePhoenix wrote:No point in running them through the CSS, the CSS machines reject nearly all of them during the 2nd passesDaniel-san wrote:they weren't even sequenced!
whats the score?
-
kingeric
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards
How do you work out it's less than minimum wage?telithowitis wrote:We get 3p in our area due to some crazy union rep agreeing it years ago. It works out less than the minimum wage, therefore I leave them for those who want them to sort out. Also the 1.5 per adddress- who made that up, they get weighed and those who do them get the exact amount, frankly they are welcome to them.
I took all mine on friday. Around 1500. I think i went 25mins over my time. Lapsing was cancelled. So at 3p a card it works out at £45 extra for 25mins work.
Even if you look at the £45 you'd need it to take you around 6 hours past your time before it works out at less than minimum wage.
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards
So you prepped all 1500 and added them into your delivery calling at every address on your frame and it took 25 mins!! You must be either some speedy or have a very easy round!kingeric wrote:How do you work out it's less than minimum wage?telithowitis wrote:We get 3p in our area due to some crazy union rep agreeing it years ago. It works out less than the minimum wage, therefore I leave them for those who want them to sort out. Also the 1.5 per adddress- who made that up, they get weighed and those who do them get the exact amount, frankly they are welcome to them.
I took all mine on friday. Around 1500. I think i went 25mins over my time. Lapsing was cancelled. So at 3p a card it works out at £45 extra for 25mins work.
Even if you look at the £45 you'd need it to take you around 6 hours past your time before it works out at less than minimum wage.
-
kingeric
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards
Yes.telithowitis wrote:So you prepped all 1500 and added them into your delivery calling at every address on your frame and it took 25 mins!! You must be either some speedy or have a very easy round!kingeric wrote:How do you work out it's less than minimum wage?telithowitis wrote:We get 3p in our area due to some crazy union rep agreeing it years ago. It works out less than the minimum wage, therefore I leave them for those who want them to sort out. Also the 1.5 per adddress- who made that up, they get weighed and those who do them get the exact amount, frankly they are welcome to them.
I took all mine on friday. Around 1500. I think i went 25mins over my time. Lapsing was cancelled. So at 3p a card it works out at £45 extra for 25mins work.
Even if you look at the £45 you'd need it to take you around 6 hours past your time before it works out at less than minimum wage.
As I said earlier lapsing was cancelled which normally takes 20-25mins and we had more part timers in early meaning we had a bit less indoor work. They were sorted by streets so throwing off was straight forward.
But even so it still isn't less than minimum wage. If it's added 6 hours onto my day then I'd be seriously looking at my performance
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Polling Cards
I believe the concern is when you go over your time with the poll cards, and they aren't paying overtime, then you may go below the minimum wage.
However, it does all depend on how you calculate it, how many you deliver and how long it takes you.
However, it does all depend on how you calculate it, how many you deliver and how long it takes you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards
So you think you're hard done to because if you do overtime you have to pay it back to the govt! Jeez that's what's bloody wrong with this country. Do the overtime and let royal mail pay you and leave the govt tax payers money to go where it's needed ie, repairing roads, NHS....... I could go on. Seems everyone now wants a free meal.2pints wrote:Do we have to do them? I had wed and friday off and i did not have time to touch them on thursday and there was a huge tray full of them.If they are still there today i will not be happy.I only work my hours if i do any overtime i basically have to pay it back in tax credits the following year so i no longer bother.Surely these poll cards count as an optional extra like overtime?