ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
ELECTION MATERIALL
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
ELECTION MATERIALL
I'll be happy when it isn't compulsory overtime.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
ELECTION MATERIALL
It's not you don't have to work over your time!NewPostieUK wrote:I'll be happy when it isn't compulsory overtime.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
ELECTION MATERIALL
But poll cards aren't optional and have to be prepped in own time. That's compulsory overtime.Judgee wrote:It's not you don't have to work over your time!NewPostieUK wrote:I'll be happy when it isn't compulsory overtime.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
ELECTION MATERIALL
I won't be prepping anything in my own time and I won't be working over I have a start time and a finish time
-
michael7569
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 15:59
ELECTION MATERIAL
We have had 4 sets of election material so far.One was a d2d and the other 3 came up as normal mail.So no payments at all.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
ELECTION MATERIALL
Who told you that? If you don't want paying for them (assuming there is still a payment for them?) Prep them in your work time and cut off at your finishing time. Although you may find a willing volunteer to do them for you if a payment is being made for them. You do not have to work outside your normal hours under any circumstances. Flexing is only possible if both parties agree so it's up to you. You don't want to do it... don't do it!NewPostieUK wrote:But poll cards aren't optional and have to be prepped in own time. That's compulsory overtime.Judgee wrote:It's not you don't have to work over your time!NewPostieUK wrote:I'll be happy when it isn't compulsory overtime.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
ELECTION MATERIALL
Any time now. They will be phased in from last Thursday with I think the end of next week as the final date.SWIM wrote:what date are we getting polling cards?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
ELECTION MATERIALL
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Any time now. They will be phased in from last Thursday with I think the end of next week as the final date.SWIM wrote:what date are we getting polling cards?
we had a "brief" this morning.....there expecting up to 30,000 polling cards tomorrow......great.
on the plus side were getting 5p an item
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
ELECTION MATERIALL
One section had some today. Payment is unclear but rumoured to be between 3 and 6p per item? 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
ELECTION MATERIALL
Payment for items for election material which says the words "election material" on them are paid at 4.65p per item.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
ELECTION MATERIAL
For your office. Other offices are different, mine is 3.5p. The Maximum is 6.6p If I remember correctly.number one wrote:Payment for items for election material which says the words "election material" on them are paid at 4.65p per item.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
ELECTION MATERIAL
Not just my office, Manchester area.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:For your office. Other offices are different, mine is 3.5p. The Maximum is 6.6p If I remember correctly.number one wrote:Payment for items for election material which says the words "election material" on them are paid at 4.65p per item.
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
ELECTION MATERIALL
Do you get yours walk sorted/sequenced. Ours come in as manual and are a right pain in the arse to sort.
-
buntin
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
- Gender: Male
ELECTION MATERIALL
dont know about everyone else but i can never quite get my head round why there are different payments for different offices on the election material.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
ELECTION MATERIALL
buntin wrote:dont know about everyone else but i can never quite get my head round why there are different payments for different offices on the election material.
The varying amounts are all down to whatever the local agreement was at the time the National one was brought into place. Royal Mail did not want to pay everyone 6.6p and the Union didn't want anyone to lose.
The outcome of the negotiations was a range of 3p to 6.6 and as I say based on how they were paid for them before. Some were paid a flat rate, they kept that as long as it was less than 6.6p. Others were paid overtime per hour and their figures were worked out on call rate average/hours paid. Yet others had a hybrid scheme of overtime and per card rate. Also there were even offices that had one set rate per card up to a certain figure and then another beyond that.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.