Hi I've been having issues with managers and Dom since day one I've stood up for myself which i.e. Taking breaks and finishing on time as I don't always want the over time not all p/t do this as it's seen as a no no and looked dwn upon and frowned by yes managers and Dom the other p/t Thought I was mad.....they all some times come in an hr early for free and work through they brakes as this seems the norm Anyway recently through a string of bad luck I had to take time off due to my child having a disability which to a long time to sort it self out and caused me untold stress and depression
I did ask to get my times changed to help the situation
But was clearly told yes at first the no of course the Dom knows it's me and doesn't want to help as he sees it as a way of getting me out the office my other time off was for
My disability which hadn't troubled me since I was a child and another which I had time off was for hernia which was caused by a heavy trolley standard in my office as no scales are in the office
No AOD from was done as I was naive then so I never knew about Erica n AOD also shingles was another does this count the staff didn't want me in,now OH ASSIT did back me on the shingles and my disability and disability by association and hernia
Can I still be dismissed even if theses get me back to stage 2 and can the Dom just go nope dismissed ps if I do appeal I know to make it awkward they will offer a position in a different office on purpose to get me out as they have done this before and are allowed to do this . My meeting is soon and I do have a good union rep with me but any more advice out there I'll take it
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Stage 3 warning up for dismissal
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Stage 3 warning up for dismissal
every stage three I have seen and heard about never results in dismissal, normally for one main reason.
every i has to be dotted and every t has to be crossed correctly at every stage for it to count.
if you have a good rep you have nothing to fear as he will read everything before your meeting with your DIM and explain everything to you etc.
if he does not, refuse to go in with him and get onto your area rep who will make sure it is done correctly.
I was on a stage 3 a few years back and it got turned back into a stage one because at least one part of the whole process was not done correctly.
every i has to be dotted and every t has to be crossed correctly at every stage for it to count.
if you have a good rep you have nothing to fear as he will read everything before your meeting with your DIM and explain everything to you etc.
if he does not, refuse to go in with him and get onto your area rep who will make sure it is done correctly.
I was on a stage 3 a few years back and it got turned back into a stage one because at least one part of the whole process was not done correctly.
-
Joker007
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 24 Apr 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Male
Stage 3 warning up for dismissal
Ok thanx but I know the DOM his desperate to get me out people have told me so and heard aswell and his rushing the process
Even though my rep cannot get to me yet I found out the Dom wasn't happy about this and even mentioned to my rep about dismissal my office runs mmmm very different also if I have to appeal they can send you to a different office and offfer you a place there to make it awkward for you on purpose this has been done twice already in my office
I will keep you updated
Even though my rep cannot get to me yet I found out the Dom wasn't happy about this and even mentioned to my rep about dismissal my office runs mmmm very different also if I have to appeal they can send you to a different office and offfer you a place there to make it awkward for you on purpose this has been done twice already in my office
I will keep you updated
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Stage 3 warning up for dismissal
!) On the matter of your time taking off for your child's disability you have a legal right to request family friendly hours to accommodate you and a legal right for the employer to give this consideration and should have by-passed your DOM and taken it to a higher level of authority. You could have also used the " other time off" procedure and you have not mentioned if this time taken off has been subjected to a stage formal prompt or the days off have been calculated in any stage procedures.Joker007 wrote:Hi I've been having issues with managers and Dom since day one I've stood up for myself which i.e. Taking breaks and finishing on time as I don't always want the over time not all p/t do this as it's seen as a no no and looked dwn upon and frowned by yes managers and Dom the other p/t Thought I was mad.....they all some times come in an hr early for free and work through they brakes as this seems the norm Anyway recently through a string of bad luck I had to take time off due to my child having a disability which to a long time to sort it self out and caused me untold stress and depression
I did ask to get my times changed to help the situation
But was clearly told yes at first the no of course the Dom knows it's me and doesn't want to help as he sees it as a way of getting me out the office my other time off was for
My disability which hadn't troubled me since I was a child and another which I had time off was for hernia which was caused by a heavy trolley standard in my office as no scales are in the office
No AOD from was done as I was naive then so I never knew about Erica n AOD also shingles was another does this count the staff didn't want me in,now OH ASSIT did back me on the shingles and my disability and disability by association and hernia
Can I still be dismissed even if theses get me back to stage 2 and can the Dom just go nope dismissed ps if I do appeal I know to make it awkward they will offer a position in a different office on purpose to get me out as they have done this before and are allowed to do this . My meeting is soon and I do have a good union rep with me but any more advice out there I'll take it
2) On the matter of your own disability and your degree of disability may be covered within the Equality Act 2010 and has your employer taken precautions to assist you in relation to your duty content this would need to be mentioned at the 3rd stage dismissal process.
3) Your time off for your hernia should have been put down to an AOD and an ERICA completed following which a risk assessment should have been completed and you have not mentioned if you had surgery for this hernia and if OH Assist were involved and what their recommendations were on your return to work and if this time off has also been included in stage formal prompts this will also have to be challenged at the 3rd stage dismissal interview.
4) The 3rd stage for consideration of dismissal will NOT be taken by your DOM but by a manager of a higher level of authority within your area with the authority to dismiss who will review all your absences that has been included that has resulted in it progressing to a 3rd stage. This will be your opportunity to put your case forward in mitigating circumstances why the 1st and/or 2nd stage should not have been issued.
5) Should your dismissal be upheld then you can lodge an appeal within 5 working days from the notification of dismissal and this will be heard by an appeals manager who can uphold, reduce or revoke the decision.
6) Not knowing all your circumstances but if you are fortunate to have your dismissal overturned then I can't see how this would result in you being moved to another office as this is normally a disciplinary procedure and their is no justifiable reason that this should be included in the attendance procedure.
-
Joker007
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 24 Apr 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Male
Stage 3 warning up for dismissal
Hi thank u everyone for your help....No the hospital said the hernia was to small to operate if it keeps happing then they might reconsider to operate no OH assist Was offered no risk assessment done no Erica or AOD I only found out about this recently plus I was never told about the friendly family hrs wow I wished I knew about this I would haves pushed it up higher for my hrs to be changed would ave stopped all this process why wasn't I told about this I feel a bit let dwn
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Stage 3 warning up for dismissal
If you have a child with a disability then you have a legal right to take time off - it is not always paid but does not count towards your sick absence - you get so many days overall and per year up until your child is 18 - and Royal Mail recognise this and in my experience have been very good. Find out about it and apply for it - it should stop any stress for you when having to take time off for your child and ensure you don't end up on a stage 3 for this reason again
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Stage 3 warning up for dismissal
Going by your first posting you did in fact inform your line manager of your child's disability and asked " for your hours to be changed" and you will have to stress this matter at your stage 3 formal prompt. If you have any witnesses that can support your request even better. Best of luck at your meeting but if you are accompanied by an experienced union rep then you might not need any luck. It wouldn't need a lot of investigation to ascertain that you have a child with a disability and it may be on record somewhere.Joker007 wrote:Hi thank u everyone for your help....No the hospital said the hernia was to small to operate if it keeps happing then they might reconsider to operate no OH assist Was offered no risk assessment done no Erica or AOD I only found out about this recently plus I was never told about the friendly family hrs wow I wished I knew about this I would haves pushed it up higher for my hrs to be changed would ave stopped all this process why wasn't I told about this I feel a bit let dwn
-
Joker007
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 24 Apr 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Male
Stage 3 warning up for dismissal
Well I had my stage 3 and like I thought it was done by my DOM has I said it would and people on here said it should be done by sum1 else got my notes back from the meeting nothing I said was put on there so I amended them gave them back to the DOM who told me to sign it off to which I refused stating it had to be re typed back up and NOT with my biro notes all over it my rep agreed I'll Find out this Monday what happens but like said before he doesn't like me coz I stand up for myself not saying yes to everything even when it's wrong
-
Joker007
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 24 Apr 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Male
Stage 3 warning up for dismissal
ok nothing happened today as far as my stage 3 goes i was suppose to find out this morning but nothing was said or written, my DOM is stating my items i aired in the stage 3 meeting my points..... with my rep are apparently have no significance to the case so if he gives me back my notes again not amended i will refuse to sign my rep agrees..............any more advice from this point forward i would like to hear from any1 thank you.......HEEEELP.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Stage 3 warning up for dismissal
If you are at a stage 3 you should at least have an Area Rep with you, if not higher.
Your Branch should also have a disability champion who would be able to advise you.
Your Branch should also have a disability champion who would be able to advise you.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Joker007
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 24 Apr 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Male
Stage 3 warning up for dismissal
The guy I had was trained to stage 3 and I don't know about no champion never heard of it look like I stated things in my office are unbelievable u wouldn't believe it I told you