ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by fishtank »

jetblack wrote:
fishtank wrote:..will likely be a large Tory majority .....but if this does happen the blame will lie squarely at the door of momentum
Nope - it will lay here:-
dvbuk55 wrote:Yay good old Tess....I'll be voting Tory
Are you seriously so under Corbyn's spell that you don't understand why former Labour voters might vote Tory? Get in your excuses early, blame the media, blame the "establishment" whatever that means these days, blame Blair, blame Brown, blame the entire PLP, blame the SNP, blame the wrong f***ing leaves on the track...then think about it sensibly.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by k979aaa »

So it comes down to this an unelected priminister of the UK verses a twice elected leader of the Labour party. Given the supporters of those who do not like democracy on here or do not have a say because they are members of other parties. Let the battle commence for it is incumbent for all those who work for a living to side with Labour as anything other is voting for servitude for those who work and misery for the very poor and ill of this nation. The time has come for us all to shatter these chains placed upon us by right wing governments since the late 1960's.THE TIME FOR CHANGE IS NOW!
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by jetblack »

fishtank wrote:
Are you seriously so under Corbyn's spell that you don't understand why former Labour voters might vote Tory?
Hey, don't get your knickers in a twist just yet FT - there's another 7 weeks to go :dance

In answer to your question - I know why DVB is going to vote Tory, he's had the decency to tell us all on this very thread - he's going to vote Tory cos he's doing quite alright thankyou very much, thats why. He's got 3 plasma screen tv's in his conservatory that he watches any time he's able to remove his adoring gaze from the portraits of the Queen he has adorning the walls therein. Isn't that why everyone votes Tory ?

Isn't that why you are FT ?

I know why people might not bother voting at all - cos they have been oversaturated with the "democratic" process. And I know also that the Tories will benefit from this political lethargy - because their lot always turn out to vote in their own self interest.
Last edited by jetblack on 18 Apr 2017, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by baldrick »

mickeymacca wrote:The leaders debates will be fascinating watching, I personally don't think May will perform well against either Corbyn or Farron,
On Radio 4 Tonight program, they said Downing Street has said May won't be taking part in any tv debates. That will be interesting if all the other party leaders do participate, which i expect they will.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by fishtank »

he's going to vote Tory cos he's doing quite alright thankyou very much, thats why.
Exactly.
Now you might think that the majority of the UK are visiting food banks and living hand to mouth because that would mean that everyone was just waiting for a messiah to lead them to a better life but the truth is a little different, the majority of working class people are doing ok, earning their wages and paying their bills and maybe 2 weeks in Majorca in the summer. Not wonderful, not entitled by any means but enough not to want to lose it. That's what Corbyn represents to this silent majority...risk, the risk of losing what little they have on a man that appears to have no idea where his party is going.

These are the swing voters not the die hard tribal voters Corbyn favours at his meetings but the people that a decent, effective leader needs to engage with. These voters sit politically in the centre ground and hold the keys to No10 and you and momentum despise them because they don't feel the love.

For the record as anyone who knows me on here will testify I'm as likely to vote Tory as you are to accept that Corbyn is a disaster for the working classes.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

mickeymacca wrote:'It'll be interesting to see the establishment media in full swing over the next few months -
I don't know where you get months from it's actually 51 days to the election. I don't think it's going to be a landslide but I do think she'll increase her majority and waffling leftist Corbyn will be consigned to the past from whence he came.
Tman
Posts: 4144
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by Tman »

k979aaa wrote:So it comes down to this an unelected priminister of the UK verses a twice elected leader of the Labour party.!
So when was the last time you got to vote for any "priminister"?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

k979aaa wrote:THE TIME FOR CHANGE IS NOW!
Wrong! The time for change was last year when all but the die hard few knew that going into an election with Corbyn as leader of the Labour party was a disaster waiting to happen and now you've got your wish. Corbyn will be as ineffective in the election exactly as he has been in opposition.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

jetblack wrote:In answer to your question - I know why DVB is going to vote Tory, he's had the decency to tell us all on this very thread - he's going to vote Tory cos he's doing quite alright thankyou very much, thats why. He's got 3 plasma screen tv's in his conservatory that he watches any time he's able to remove his adoring gaze from the portraits of the Queen he has adorning the walls therein.
Let me correct you on a couple of facts jet, I own 5 flat screen TVs, only one of which is a 50" plasma screeen, I don't have a conservatory though I do have a utility room which houses two freezers, a fridge, a drinks chiller, a very expensive coffee machine which grinds the beans and makes a variety of different coffees (call me barista), an orange juicer, a soup maker, washing machine, tumble dryer and a boiler which runs the central heating. Though once a serving soldier I am far from a royalist.

Now should I apologise for accumulating these things after having worked for 53 years - well I don't think so - especially when the likes of Corbyn would bankrupt the country with his ludicrous policies of trying to equalise everyones standard of living. Nope I'm voting Tory because they have a clearer picture of what the future should be. I have the things I have having voted for Labour all my adult life - until now and I say roll on June 8th.
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by mickeymacca »

baldrick wrote:
mickeymacca wrote:The leaders debates will be fascinating watching, I personally don't think May will perform well against either Corbyn or Farron,
On Radio 4 Tonight program, they said Downing Street has said May won't be taking part in any tv debates. That will be interesting if all the other party leaders do participate, which i expect they will.
That's a poor showing, Camo dodged some of the ones in the 2015 GE if memory serves me correctly, so its no great surprise. I don't think May is great for thinking on her feet judging by her recent performances, perhaps it should be compulsory.
'Libraries gave us power'
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by jetblack »

dvbuk55 wrote: I don't have a conservatory though I do have a utility room which houses two freezers, a fridge, a drinks chiller, blah blah blah


You have no conservatory ? And you are voting Tory ?

Don't give me this utility room crap - this 5 lcd's and 1 plasma bollocks - that isn't impressing no-one here. If you don't have a conservatory then you can get the f**k out of the pool - you should, by rights, be voting Lib Dem - with all the rest of the half baked wannabe's. Who are you, with your "utility room", to be voting Tory ? I reckon you are getting a bit above your station old son.


dvbuk55 wrote:...when the likes of Corbyn would bankrupt the country with his ludicrous policies of trying to equalise everyones standard of living.
Equalise everyones standard of living ? WTF are you talking about ?


Shame on you if you vote Conservative.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

jetblack wrote:Shame on you if you vote Conservative
And yet I don't feel any shame only my right to vote democratically for whom I wish. I'm looking at conservatory brochures for the summer, actually it's more of an orangery, which is a little more up market I believe from my conservative friends. :Very Happy

Saw a quote from Jezza in the paper this morning criticizing Tess for lack of leadership :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by mickeymacca »

dvbuk55 wrote:
mickeymacca wrote:'It'll be interesting to see the establishment media in full swing over the next few months -
I don't know where you get months from it's actually 51 days to the election. I don't think it's going to be a landslide but I do think she'll increase her majority and waffling leftist Corbyn will be consigned to the past from whence he came.
I was re-quoting Jetblacks comment, hence the quotation marks and reference.
'Libraries gave us power'
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

mickeymacca wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
mickeymacca wrote:'It'll be interesting to see the establishment media in full swing over the next few months -
I don't know where you get months from it's actually 51 days to the election. I don't think it's going to be a landslide but I do think she'll increase her majority and waffling leftist Corbyn will be consigned to the past from whence he came.
I was re-quoting Jetblacks comment, hence the quotation marks and reference.
Why not show it as a quote in the normal fashion unless you agreed with the timescale.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by k979aaa »

You can tell the UKIP voters on here lights blue touch paper and stand back. UKIP one issue party that the issue has been solved. Those who vote conservative Two issue party for the rich and against the poor. The Lib Democrats don't even know what they stand for and nobody cares. The SNP vote for us for five more years of the conservative party while we cannot do anything party. IT'S THEM RIGHT WING BUGGERS AGAINST US WORKERS THIS TIME NO POINT VOTING FOR THE OTHER PARTIES ONLY LABOUR CAN STOP THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY FROM ENSLAVING US ALL!