What an absolute MUPPETPHARRY wrote:It's best to throw in D2Ds in own time as it gets done quicker it saves wasting time when throwing in mail or you could take D2Ds home to do there
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
One of my old colleagues used to take his d2d's home on a Friday or Saturday to 'nest' them which in itself is not supposed to happen.Then,on the Monday morning he would pull up outside the door unload them all onto the floor then,go park his car up and walk over to pick up the d2d's to take into the office to prep,always laughed at him!
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
I like the fact they always say " our lass or the kids like to prep them " , but you're still taking live mail home
-
pilch
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 14 Sep 2012, 22:00
- Gender: Male
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
Kings Norton wrote:Posties in my office do the same in one hour before their starts putting d2ds together so they can get out a bit earlier the numpties, I come in the proper time put my d2ds together in the duty time take my full break then tell the DOM "No absorbing today boss no time" then I go on my merry way and when I get back near the end of the duty the numpties that came in early by one hour are getting back the same time as me breaking out in a sweat then they say to me "You must have a good walk" They are the main cause of all the absorption the clowns.
thats part of the problem pal
lets guess you have been there a while, have a full time contract, and an easy round, and can simply turn around and say i'll stick to my hours
the likes of me who are on 24 hours, get pro rata everything, end up on s**t rounds, cant afford to turn down overtime, and if we don't want to work over, we get bullied and the union go into hiding
the truth is, you may as well have posted, 'I'm alright jack'
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
I've posted this before, but it's relevant.
I turned up at a delivery office to pick up missorts and empty yorks one Saturday.
As I was loading, a couple of posties who I know ( man and wife ) came along. They were not in uniform, and explained they were off this week. After we exchanged pleasantries, I asked them why they were here. Oh, we just going to throw off our D+D's for next week.
I was so shocked I nearly fell off the tailboard !
I turned up at a delivery office to pick up missorts and empty yorks one Saturday.
As I was loading, a couple of posties who I know ( man and wife ) came along. They were not in uniform, and explained they were off this week. After we exchanged pleasantries, I asked them why they were here. Oh, we just going to throw off our D+D's for next week.
I was so shocked I nearly fell off the tailboard !
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
I've never been one to understand this argument.pilch wrote:Kings Norton wrote:Posties in my office do the same in one hour before their starts putting d2ds together so they can get out a bit earlier the numpties, I come in the proper time put my d2ds together in the duty time take my full break then tell the DOM "No absorbing today boss no time" then I go on my merry way and when I get back near the end of the duty the numpties that came in early by one hour are getting back the same time as me breaking out in a sweat then they say to me "You must have a good walk" They are the main cause of all the absorption the clowns.
thats part of the problem pal
lets guess you have been there a while, have a full time contract, and an easy round, and can simply turn around and say i'll stick to my hours
the likes of me who are on 24 hours, get pro rata everything, end up on s**t rounds, cant afford to turn down overtime, and if we don't want to work over, we get bullied and the union go into hiding
the truth is, you may as well have posted, 'I'm alright jack'
You took the job on a 24 hour contract, it wasn't forced upon you.
Fact of the matter is that if you actually did the job as it was supposed to be done you would be booking overtime everyday without the additional workload. After 6 months your contract will be reviewed (per CWU agreement) and if it's shown your working over your contracted hours you'll be made up to reflect it. Your Pro rata will then reflect that.
Work smarter, not harder
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
If a 24 hour contract job is all that is on offer then it is sort of forced on you. You can't just ask for a full time job.weary_posty wrote:
I've never been one to understand this argument.
You took the job on a 24 hour contract, it wasn't forced upon you.
Fact of the matter is that if you actually did the job as it was supposed to be done you would be booking overtime everyday without the additional workload. After 6 months your contract will be reviewed (per CWU agreement) and if it's shown your working over your contracted hours you'll be made up to reflect it.
Not everyone who does the job properly needs to book overtime, I think some people mean " do the job slowly" rather than "properly."
Even if he did book overtime everyday he wouldn't necessarily get an increase in his hours because it would go to the most senior person.
So virtually every single word of your post is factually incorrect.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
If a 24 hour contract is all that's on offer you have a choice. You take it or you dont. It is in no way forced.clashcityrocker wrote:If a 24 hour contract job is all that is on offer then it is sort of forced on you. You can't just ask for a full time job.weary_posty wrote:
I've never been one to understand this argument.
You took the job on a 24 hour contract, it wasn't forced upon you.
Fact of the matter is that if you actually did the job as it was supposed to be done you would be booking overtime everyday without the additional workload. After 6 months your contract will be reviewed (per CWU agreement) and if it's shown your working over your contracted hours you'll be made up to reflect it.
Not everyone who does the job properly needs to book overtime, I think some people mean " do the job slowly" rather than "properly."
Even if he did book overtime everyday he wouldn't necessarily get an increase in his hours because it would go to the most senior person.
So virtually every single word of your post is factually incorrect.
The poster also made reference to always being put onto the s**t walks. What's makes them so bad? Are they using a trolley? Walking at a safe pace? Not looking at letters whilst moving? Taking a break? Using their posting peg and delivering to neighbours?
All of those methods are agreed between RM and the CWU. If your manager has a problem with them being implentmented, their issue is with their bosses not the OPG.
If this is such a massive issue for PT workers maybe it is time they got together, worked to rule and refused the overtime.
Remember YOU are the union. These things will only happen if you are prepared to fight for them
-
Gordonparrish1
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 03 Mar 2017, 14:37
- Gender: Male
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
That's their problem. Everybody is so concerned with what everybody else is doing. Just go in, do your job and shift, get paid and then go home. If they want to go in early and work for free that's their choice.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12202
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
Trouble is them hours worked for free if they weren't worked for free could have meant some part timers getting more hours or maybe even some part time hours being made upto full timeGordonparrish1 wrote: If they want to go in early and work for free that's their choice.
-
Gordonparrish1
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 03 Mar 2017, 14:37
- Gender: Male
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
Whilst I see you're point, that won't happen...they're doing it to either make sure they finish on time or to get finished early. If they didn't do it then they'd still get the same round and it'd take the same amount of time. they're not going to call a part timer on for an extra 45 minutes f a morning to throw up D2D's. This isn't like 'ghost overtime'.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12202
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Throwing up D2Ds in own time????
And they'd probably go over, then they'd either cut-off or claim OTGordonparrish1 wrote:Whilst I see you're point, that won't happen...they're doing it to either make sure they finish on time or to get finished early. If they didn't do it then they'd still get the same round and it'd take the same amount of time. they're not going to call a part timer on for an extra 45 minutes f a morning to throw up D2D's. This isn't like 'ghost overtime'.