ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
If Royal Mail make a loss on DSA or letters delivery, time to put prices up for DSA mail for UK Mail and co.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
Even if mail volumes are down , all I say is SCAN SCAN SCAN = TIME TIME TIME
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
rmtv whats that ? mails not dropped off the difference now is most of it comes via dsa so doesn't exist in r/ms world , d2ds have increased , parcels and packets gone through the roof which take a lot longer to get rid of , etc etc .
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
I can't wait to get our deliveries in trays , it'll stop the runners / bag carriers
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
TheTrolleyMan wrote:I can't wait to get our deliveries in trays , it'll stop the runners / bag carriers
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12202
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
Most of the DSA would have at one time come through as MS3, the rest probably would have been as MS2. Manual letters have dropped off a lot over the last 10 years, you just need to look at the staffing levels to see that. Flats also have dropped off, I wouldn't be surprised if RM were to decommission some of the TOPS2k machines at some point and replace them with CLLS machines
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
It just goes to show indoctrination by WTL and the Surrior mag next they will tell us we should pay them for our up keep in the workplace for having a safe place to stay and we don't work we just have an activity which benefits us like a gym hell they might even charge us for the time at our office?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
Jeez I wanna work where you do, plenty in our office not back at 4pm today.ScousePostie wrote:Monday, finish 13:30. 12 oversize, 2 specials.
Tuesday, finish, 12:15. 2 oversize, 13 specials.
Wednesday (today), finish 13:00. 8 oversize, 8 specials.
There is something strange going on with traffic, especially on packets at the moment. Especialljeezy, finishing earlier on a Wednesday than on a Monday. DOM spotted me prepping D2D on Tuesday afternoon, tried to send me back out with lapsing. I told him I wouldn't be going back out with more lapsing as I had six sets of D2D and was going to spend time prepping them. Nothing more was said. As far as I see it, if I finish at 12:15 and don't try and dart out the door as fast as I possibly can (like most) and instead spend time prepping D2D for following days why should I be punished with extra lapsing. Others who were finishing early where caught at the door and sent back out.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
Same here. Interesting figures posted by ScousePostie. I had 28 oversize on Monday, 23 on Tuesday and 33 today, and didn't finish before 3.30 on any of these days. One or two shared vans had 40 plus oversize today.rambo1 wrote:Jeez I wanna work where you do, plenty in our office not back at 4pm today.ScousePostie wrote:Monday, finish 13:30. 12 oversize, 2 specials.
Tuesday, finish, 12:15. 2 oversize, 13 specials.
Wednesday (today), finish 13:00. 8 oversize, 8 specials.
There is something strange going on with traffic, especially on packets at the moment. Especialljeezy, finishing earlier on a Wednesday than on a Monday. DOM spotted me prepping D2D on Tuesday afternoon, tried to send me back out with lapsing. I told him I wouldn't be going back out with more lapsing as I had six sets of D2D and was going to spend time prepping them. Nothing more was said. As far as I see it, if I finish at 12:15 and don't try and dart out the door as fast as I possibly can (like most) and instead spend time prepping D2D for following days why should I be punished with extra lapsing. Others who were finishing early where caught at the door and sent back out.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
I wonder if what some of us have experienced this week is the 'monthly paycheck splashout' effect. I've sometimes thought that the first week in a calendar month can be bad for a spike in packet traffic. Often thought this before.Ozzvaldo wrote: Same here. Interesting figures posted by ScousePostie. I had 28 oversize on Monday, 23 on Tuesday and 33 today, and didn't finish before 3.30 on any of these days. One or two shared vans had 40 plus oversize today.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
Could very well be a big factor, I know several sites I use do "payday" sales towards the end of the month.BeamishStout wrote:[I wonder if what some of us have experienced this week is the 'monthly paycheck splashout' effect. I've sometimes thought that the first week in a calendar month can be bad for a spike in packet traffic. Often thought this before.
However, I think this is going to dry up very soon, as well as general parcel numbers. Almost everything is going up in cost since the pound weakened following the referendum last summer, peoples' wages are not going up by the same percentage (~15-20%), while many sites are now charging extra for postage instead of having it free (included in item price). Financially hard-up individuals/families are already likely to be buying less and it will affect more and more of the population as time goes by, some might be "stockpiling" now to avoid paying more for some items they know they will need in the near future, but I think soon all but the very wealthy will massively reduce how many things they are buying.
There is the argument that things will still likely be cheaper online, but I suspect it will still mean RM's overall parcel workload is going to drop.
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
I don't call it work time learning, i call it work time propaganda 
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
Because he asked you to carry out what can only be described as a reasonable request.ScousePostie wrote:Monday, finish 13:30. 12 oversize, 2 specials.
Tuesday, finish, 12:15. 2 oversize, 13 specials.
Wednesday (today), finish 13:00. 8 oversize, 8 specials.
There is something strange going on with traffic, especially on packets at the moment. Especially, finishing earlier on a Wednesday than on a Monday. DOM spotted me prepping D2D on Tuesday afternoon, tried to send me back out with lapsing. I told him I wouldn't be going back out with more lapsing as I had six sets of D2D and was going to spend time prepping them. Nothing more was said. As far as I see it, if I finish at 12:15 and don't try and dart out the door as fast as I possibly can (like most) and instead spend time prepping D2D for following days why should I be punished with extra lapsing. Others who were finishing early where caught at the door and sent back out.
It isn't in your remit to pick and choose what work you carry out within your contracted hours of employment. You were, in effect, carrying out part of the next days workload. You are extremely fortunate not to have been hit with a conduct charge for refusing to carry out a managers instruction.
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
Any day when I can get all of my mail on one york is a light day in my book (rural round). I guess it must be the Amazon effect - in our area they have ditched their own couriers and we therefore get the blowback. A typical day will see all my oversize on one york and the rest of the mail on another. 2 oversize? lol. A different world.Ozzvaldo wrote:Same here. Interesting figures posted by ScousePostie. I had 28 oversize on Monday, 23 on Tuesday and 33 today, and didn't finish before 3.30 on any of these days. One or two shared vans had 40 plus oversize today.rambo1 wrote:Jeez I wanna work where you do, plenty in our office not back at 4pm today.ScousePostie wrote:Monday, finish 13:30. 12 oversize, 2 specials.
Tuesday, finish, 12:15. 2 oversize, 13 specials.
Wednesday (today), finish 13:00. 8 oversize, 8 specials.
There is something strange going on with traffic, especially on packets at the moment. Especialljeezy, finishing earlier on a Wednesday than on a Monday. DOM spotted me prepping D2D on Tuesday afternoon, tried to send me back out with lapsing. I told him I wouldn't be going back out with more lapsing as I had six sets of D2D and was going to spend time prepping them. Nothing more was said. As far as I see it, if I finish at 12:15 and don't try and dart out the door as fast as I possibly can (like most) and instead spend time prepping D2D for following days why should I be punished with extra lapsing. Others who were finishing early where caught at the door and sent back out.
-
viking1488
- Posts: 446
- Joined: 15 May 2009, 15:37
- Gender: Male
RMTV propaganda "mail traffic is low"
ScousePostie wrote:Unfortunately we have DOMs who are blinkered. They only see full office figures. If 45 walks have lower call rate than usual Wednesday/Thursday and two walks that are overloaded with work when you approach and tell DOM we'll be cutting off at finish time. WHY!? The figures for the office show blah blah blah. They don't look at walks as a case by case.