Actual figures state inflation was nothing in 2015, low in the first half of 2016, jumped up after the referendum.Judgee wrote:Popular myth spouted be remoaners. Prices are going up after a sustained period of stagnation and this always happens after such a period. Whether we voted to stay in or out, prices right now would be on the rise!rambo1 wrote:Did you vote for brexit? If so you kinda have a part in it.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay Rise
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Pay Rise
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Pay Rise
visigoth wrote:Actual figures state inflation was nothing in 2015, low in the first half of 2016, jumped up after the referendum.Judgee wrote:Popular myth spouted be remoaners. Prices are going up after a sustained period of stagnation and this always happens after such a period. Whether we voted to stay in or out, prices right now would be on the rise!rambo1 wrote:Did you vote for brexit? If so you kinda have a part in it.
"Actual figures state inflation was nothing in 2015, low in the first half of 2016"
Ermmm I did actually mention after a period of stagnation and it goes back further than 2015, what else would you call it?
As for the loss in the value of the pound Rambo, again it was long quoted as being overvalued and due for a rerate. It also was a major contributory factor in holding back foreign trade and growth as we were not very competitive on the foreign stage. Oh and no not everything costs 20% more from other countries compared to pre brexit as lots of the costs have been absorbed by businesses, Tescos, Sainsbury's all have absorbed a lot of the price increases due to the exchange rate.
Leaving the EU has already pushed Exports and tourism through the roof. The stock market is at it's highest ever level thanks to many companies being multi national now. New trade deals will be made and prices will level off, there was always going to be an adjustment period particularly at this early stage in the process. But you remoaners just won't have it will you. I bet the price of sandwich boards with "The End of the world is nigh" have gone through the roof with all you profits of doom about.
You lost get over it!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Pay Rise
Didn't need defining but I am happy that you can read congrats!visigoth wrote:2014 was pretty low for inflation. Being able to read, I'm aware you mentioned a "period" of stagnation - but you didn't define it. Leaving the EU can't have done anything yet, since it hasn't actually happened.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Pay Rise
Can we try to be a bit more grown up than your average Daily Mail reader and stop using words like "remoaner"?
If that was one of my kids they would deserve a slap. Not that I condone slapping kids but you know what I mean.
If that was one of my kids they would deserve a slap. Not that I condone slapping kids but you know what I mean.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Pay Rise
Sorry it must have been all those pre brexit "remain" campaigners that kept calling all leavers thick racist that still hits a nerve!fishtank wrote:Can we try to be a bit more grown up than your average Daily Mail reader and stop using words like "remoaner"?
If that was one of my kids they would deserve a slap. Not that I condone slapping kids but you know what I mean.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Pay Rise
My apologies, it seems that the subtext was too subtle.Judgee wrote:Didn't need defining but I am happy that you can read congrats!visigoth wrote:2014 was pretty low for inflation. Being able to read, I'm aware you mentioned a "period" of stagnation - but you didn't define it. Leaving the EU can't have done anything yet, since it hasn't actually happened.
All it's worth saying is that if you're going to throw stuff around as fact without backing it up (e.g. "The stock market is at it's highest ever level thanks to many companies being multi national now" - erm, not according to what I read) then there's not really any scope for a "legitimate" discussion. Particularly when said discussion would be OT anyway. As a lowly postman, how the FTSE's doing affects me zero compared to, say, the fact that petrol's gone up. As has council tax. And (depending on provider) energy. And water rates. Etc. I merely look forward to BoJo apologising to remoaners AND brexiteers for his "we'll all be better off" bullcrap.
Namasté. :)
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Pay Rise
Visigoth this is a postmans forum not a legal debating society nor a students bar. No one should need to do days of research before posting just to satisfy pedantic members. If this were the case then these forums would be silent as the grave. I have learned many things over the years and apologise for not having written down every source of my knowledge. I post opinions not end of term thesis. Don't believe what I say fine, go research it yourself I am not your tutor nor your mother and if you choose to live in ignorance whilst you rant about nonsense then feel free to do so!
The FTSE is full of multi national companies (you can research it, I won't do it for you!) You are a share holder now and even if you don't care guess what, we are all mostly share holders now!
Yes petrol has risen after a seven year low what a massive surprise that is....not! Council tax has gone up because consecutive governments have underfunded the NHS, police and various other services for years, it all had to come to a head eventually. Gas/electricity are all linked to fuel rises.
You seem to be very naïve when it comes to economics Vis perhaps it's best you not rant about something you clearly struggle to understand!
You are typical of the remain campaigners, read a bit in the news paper, think you know it all and are completely frightened of any change. It's like you have been institutionalised and must have an EU master for fear of the world ending! Things will improve for Britain outside of the EU. It won't happen over night and the sooner we can leave the sooner the uncertainty can be put to rest!
No more now, you can lead a horse to water..... but some will need a ten thousand word essay with references before it will drink!
The FTSE is full of multi national companies (you can research it, I won't do it for you!) You are a share holder now and even if you don't care guess what, we are all mostly share holders now!
Yes petrol has risen after a seven year low what a massive surprise that is....not! Council tax has gone up because consecutive governments have underfunded the NHS, police and various other services for years, it all had to come to a head eventually. Gas/electricity are all linked to fuel rises.
You seem to be very naïve when it comes to economics Vis perhaps it's best you not rant about something you clearly struggle to understand!
You are typical of the remain campaigners, read a bit in the news paper, think you know it all and are completely frightened of any change. It's like you have been institutionalised and must have an EU master for fear of the world ending! Things will improve for Britain outside of the EU. It won't happen over night and the sooner we can leave the sooner the uncertainty can be put to rest!
No more now, you can lead a horse to water..... but some will need a ten thousand word essay with references before it will drink!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Pay Rise
visigoth wrote:OK.
Here are the main things wrong with that from my perspective.
1. I didn't campaign for remain.
2. I don't think I know it all.
3. I didn't rant.
Just so you know, insult me again & I'll report you. Have a good day. :)
Ok answers
1. You surprise me, must be the oddest out campaigner I have ever come across!
2. Really? That's not how you come across!
3. Ok matter of opinion can you perhaps back that up with examples!
Sorry if you feel insulted I didn't realise I was in a discussion with a delicate little flower please feel free to report me!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Pay Rise
Hmm. Here's my research.
The last few years aside, annual average inflation was last under1% in 2000. For 01-04 it was less than 2% - peanuts, IMO. Today's news is UK inflation rate leaps to 2.3%. Could be a blip, don't know what the outcome of recent hoo-ha about car insurance will be.
My opinion is that the focus should be pensions - even though that doesn't personally affect me, hugely. I plan to use my shares to cover "unpaid leave", should that be necessary. Does (any)one think I should move them into savings, should they drop below a certain price? (example - first direct currently do 5% up to £3.6K). TIA.
The last few years aside, annual average inflation was last under1% in 2000. For 01-04 it was less than 2% - peanuts, IMO. Today's news is UK inflation rate leaps to 2.3%. Could be a blip, don't know what the outcome of recent hoo-ha about car insurance will be.
My opinion is that the focus should be pensions - even though that doesn't personally affect me, hugely. I plan to use my shares to cover "unpaid leave", should that be necessary. Does (any)one think I should move them into savings, should they drop below a certain price? (example - first direct currently do 5% up to £3.6K). TIA.