http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/york ... -1-7857802" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two pensioners watched in horror as a “bloodthirsty” black dog savaged one of their beloved Yorkshire Terriers to death outside their home. And it was only due to the swift reaction of a passing postman that the couple’s other three tiny dogs were saved.
Oldbrook postie Stuart Siberry managed to grab the terrified yorkies and bundled them in the back of his Royal Mail van for safety.
“It was too late for our poor dear Lacey, but Stuart definitely saved our other dogs from getting mauled in the same way.
He is our hero,” said the dog’s owner, 72-year-old Valerie. She and her husband Ron, 75, stepped out of their house for their routine 9am walk on Saturday morning. Beautifully groomed Lacey, Lottie, Fudge and Charlie were all wearing harness, held in pairs on split leads.
“This big black dog came running down the street, with no lead or owner in sight. It just went berserk and started attacking Lacey,” said Valerie.
Ron tried to lift the little dog to safety, only to be bitten four times by the black dog. “It was in for the kill - it was like a bloodthirsty beast. Poor Lacey did not stand a chance,” said Valerie, who is now too frightened to leave her house.
Postie Stuart pulled up in the middle of the drama to deliver the mail. “I’m fond of the Johnson’s dogs. I realised they were in danger so I grabbed them and put them in my van,” he said.
Lacey suffered internal injuries and the dog bit right through two of her legs. “I can’t stop crying. I miss her so much,” said Valerie.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Yorkie savaged to death by killer dog in Milton Keynes
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Yorkie savaged to death by killer dog in Milton Keynes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.