ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
seniority
-
postmanplod69
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 04 Sep 2007, 21:52
- Location: at my frame
seniority
I dont have kids so in all my 29 years at Royal mail have always picked outside school holidays and Christmas to give people with families a better chance of getting those weeks, im our office we have to have annual leave forms in by beginning of august, we are told to give 3 preference dates for each week we require.
In our office in all my time there holidays have never gone off seniority and rightly so in my opinion.
In our office in all my time there holidays have never gone off seniority and rightly so in my opinion.
-
fisherkinguk
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 26 Apr 2014, 14:25
- Gender: Male
seniority
Now I am really confused about the seniority for picking duties after reading this, I followed the link and read the section on the way forward agreement.
In my office any round that becomes vacant goes straight to part time, so any 25 hr postperson can pick it, based on seniority for them , but full timers can not pick it unless they drop down to part time.
I am very annoyed at this since I have now been thee 20 years and can't pick any round.
Recently a round came up that I had been waiting a long time for. I was told "you can not have it it's being dropped to 25 hrs".
Is this not the case in other offices?
In my office any round that becomes vacant goes straight to part time, so any 25 hr postperson can pick it, based on seniority for them , but full timers can not pick it unless they drop down to part time.
I am very annoyed at this since I have now been thee 20 years and can't pick any round.
Recently a round came up that I had been waiting a long time for. I was told "you can not have it it's being dropped to 25 hrs".
Is this not the case in other offices?
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
seniority
Confused?fisherkinguk wrote:Now I am really confused about the seniority for picking duties after reading this, I followed the link and read the section on the way forward agreement.
In my office any round that becomes vacant goes straight to part time, so any 25 hr postperson can pick it, based on seniority for them , but full timers can not pick it unless they drop down to part time.
I am very annoyed at this since I have now been thee 20 years and can't pick any round.
Recently a round came up that I had been waiting a long time for. I was told "you can not have it it's being dropped to 25 hrs".
Is this not the case in other offices?
If you are FT, you pick from the available FT duties. The circumstances that caused the duty you wanted going from FT to PT may need explanation. I assume the union would be involved with that process. Any loss of a FT duty to part time is not welcome news but with agreement on an overall office reduction ? well the duty may have been best suited to the new PT contract hours.
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
seniority
fisherkinguk wrote:Now I am really confused about the seniority for picking duties after reading this, I followed the link and read the section on the way forward agreement.
In my office any round that becomes vacant goes straight to part time, so any 25 hr postperson can pick it, based on seniority for them , but full timers can not pick it unless they drop down to part time.
I am very annoyed at this since I have now been thee 20 years and can't pick any round.
Recently a round came up that I had been waiting a long time for. I was told "you can not have it it's being dropped to 25 hrs".
Is this not the case in other offices?
Yes, same in our office.
I just applyed for a duty but it's 33hrs and was told I can go for it but I'd have to cut my hrs.
-
fisherkinguk
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 26 Apr 2014, 14:25
- Gender: Male
seniority
In my office all ft duties that become vacant are being made 25 hrs.
There was an agreement that if hours had to come out of the office, rounds would still go on seniority then and another full time duty would go part time further down the line, but that seems to be out of the window.
I'm guessing it's easier for the manager to make the vacant duty part time, and easier for our union rep to let him than it fight him.
There was an agreement that if hours had to come out of the office, rounds would still go on seniority then and another full time duty would go part time further down the line, but that seems to be out of the window.
I'm guessing it's easier for the manager to make the vacant duty part time, and easier for our union rep to let him than it fight him.
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
seniority
Yet to come across anyone with 20+ years service who wants to abolish seniority!slinder123 wrote:and that is why they should get shot of seniority only some will cry
I think madam you are either a manager or on the wind-up, or both