ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by fishtank »

norm wrote:
xtreme0964 wrote:
Makes a mockery of the whole exercise. Not to mention the potential for multiple forms to be filled out by one person and then being submitted skewing the results.

If they wanted it to be accurate there should be one unique non-identifiable form sent to each employees address.
Each office is allocated a form per unit employee, as long as everyone fills one out or even just spoils it there are no spares to fill out multiple forms.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Sawfeet wrote:I was given this form yesterday by my Manager told I must to fill out before I start my walk.
And that it was mandatory and had handed back by end of day.

Didn't think my Manager would lie to me.

Yet to fill in.


The code at bottom is that to ID depot starting 7664###?
I wonder if that code does let on which office each survey is done in?

If it is maybe we should all deface that code so when they check which offices have sent the surveys in, a few will come out with very low figures thus screwing up the DOM's bonus :Very Happy
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by BeamishStout »

fishtank wrote: Each office is allocated a form per unit employee, as long as everyone fills one out or even just spoils it there are no spares to fill out multiple forms.
Interesting as I was told that they have 'spares' by a manager as I had ripped mine up last week after an unpleasant exchange between several managers and myself! What is to stop someone 'filling in a form' if the survey was declined (rather than destroyed) by an employee.
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by BeamishStout »

Sawfeet wrote:I was given this form yesterday by my Manager told I must to fill out before I start my walk.
And that it was mandatory and had handed back by end of day.

Didn't think my Manager would lie to me.

Yet to fill in.
Not mandatory ! And even if it were, what could they do to you if you declared that you were refusing to do it. Strap you to a rack :crazy:
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by fishtank »

BeamishStout wrote:What is to stop someone 'filling in a form' if the survey was declined (rather than destroyed) by an employee.
I wouldn't give them the opportunity, even if you don't want to participate take a form and write something clever and witty on it. Like "my line managers all smell of cheese"....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by Ozzvaldo »

BeamishStout wrote: What is to stop someone 'filling in a form' if the survey was declined (rather than destroyed) by an employee.
I have it on pretty good authority (from a source that I trust 100%), that anybody in my unit on long term sick, sabbatical, suspension or has refused to fill in the survey has their copy "completed" on their behalf by our management "team".
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by postslippete »

fishtank wrote:
BeamishStout wrote:What is to stop someone 'filling in a form' if the survey was declined (rather than destroyed) by an employee.
I wouldn't give them the opportunity, even if you don't want to participate take a form and write something clever and witty on it. Like "my line managers all smell of cheese"....

Our managers office must have had some sort of explosion because there was de Brie everywhere!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by eastie »

just put a copy of the Courior inside the envelope instead of the form, that will confuse them :whistle
Sawfeet
Posts: 22
Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by Sawfeet »

BeamishStout wrote:

Not mandatory ! And even if it were, what could they do to you if you declared that you were refusing to do it. Strap you to a rack :crazy:
Put me on a crappy walk.
ddtc
Posts: 253
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 19:42
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by ddtc »

Our managers are offering all who complete the survey a chance of winning a day off. Hilarious when our office is struggling to get everyone's annual leave in and give all of us hassle if we need to use and book up random days off if we don't have a full weeks leave left.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by Dorset Plodder »

fishtank wrote:
BeamishStout wrote:What is to stop someone 'filling in a form' if the survey was declined (rather than destroyed) by an employee.
I wouldn't give them the opportunity, even if you don't want to participate take a form and write something clever and witty on it. Like "my line managers all smell of cheese"....
This is something I haven't considered before. :hmmmm This year I thought I'd take the opportunity of a sit down and a cup of tea, and did indeed participate in this charade. However a number of my colleagues did say, "I'm not filling this in, it's a waste of time". All they had to do was sign the nominal roll to say they were "Refusing". I suppose someone could have then filled in all those "Refused" forms on their behalf? :no no

I'll have to remember this for the next one. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
shayanboon
Posts: 58
Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 21:43
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by shayanboon »

Our support lino handed out forms to some :shock: Have yet to see a form unless ask forone :d'oh!
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by 19times »

Got called into the DOMS office on Sat (he has Sats off!) thought what have I cocked up, only to be handed a survey and then told to hand it back to him or If I am not in my office put it in the tray on my desk BUT let me know you have :hmmmm

Very odd, must be on a bonus here. Colleague of mine said he'd post it off after filling it in to the address on the envelope.
mondeo1
Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 08:00
Gender: Male

This year's Employee Survey will run from Monday 27 February until Friday 17 March

Post by mondeo1 »

our dim has been running around our office like a headless chicken all week chasing up the people who have not given back their survey,got to be a bonus thing :thumbdown