Hi all,
I know this is an Irish news story but it's still relevant to us here! Be careful!
http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/an-p ... 79476.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
An post worker killed
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
An post worker killed
Unfortunately someone else that went to work and never came home. Must be such a shock for his Family and Friends.
I'm forever telling my kids, "The most dangerous thing you're likely to do is drive your car"! Forget Free Fall Parachuting or White Water Rafting.... Driving is Bloody Dangerous! I believe a radio article said we'd had 3500 people killed on the roads last year, that's a lot of people.
I believe the problem with driving in our job is, it's just treated as nothing special we're rushing around trying to get the job done. I'll admit perhaps I'm not being as alert as I should be, I'd claim it's due to the pressures on Delivery.... RM will quote things like, "All drivers must pay special attention to all the safety briefs and videos etc" but how many of us follow the video procedure for parking? In Reverse/Forward depending on the gradient....Wheels turned In/Out to the kerb..... Handbrake on. Most of us are in and out of a vehicle 50 plus times a day (on a Rural), do we always put our seat belt on?
I'm forever telling my kids, "The most dangerous thing you're likely to do is drive your car"! Forget Free Fall Parachuting or White Water Rafting.... Driving is Bloody Dangerous! I believe a radio article said we'd had 3500 people killed on the roads last year, that's a lot of people.
I believe the problem with driving in our job is, it's just treated as nothing special we're rushing around trying to get the job done. I'll admit perhaps I'm not being as alert as I should be, I'd claim it's due to the pressures on Delivery.... RM will quote things like, "All drivers must pay special attention to all the safety briefs and videos etc" but how many of us follow the video procedure for parking? In Reverse/Forward depending on the gradient....Wheels turned In/Out to the kerb..... Handbrake on. Most of us are in and out of a vehicle 50 plus times a day (on a Rural), do we always put our seat belt on?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)