ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

getting worse

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by Dorset Plodder »

toomuchcoke wrote:
Don't have the figures anymore but IIRC I used to get about £10-15/week, and obviously £0/week whenever I had time off, so way better now. Obviously it varied because I had a "day off cover", and it depended upon whether the duty holder left any for me to do. (Oh how I laughed when I discovered one week that the duty holder had left me a street to do on Friday, but had already handed the form in claiming he'd delivered everything ... Cue a quick trip to the DOM's office, where I retrieved the street and filled my details in for the calls I'd done. It's possible I might have over counted a little? :whistle )
You've just reminded me of one of the drawbacks of the old system TMC. If there was a well paid D2D you'd often find the Duty Holder making sure they delivered them ALL .... and when you got on the Frame as a Reserve they were all delivered. :sad: I remember one women that used to actually lock up her D2Ds so no one else could Deliver any! :crazy:

Of course nowadays that only happens when you've got Polling Cards and they want all the money themselves. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by lightningpostman »

i'd rather the old system,

how many pizza leaflets do you think they deliver in the niddle of nowhere?

how about the constant double glazing crap, and other companies trying to earn custom, not in those rural areas, its heaviest in the hearts of the city , rural guys love the current system, city guys are losing out big time!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by Dorset Plodder »

lightningpostman wrote:
how about the constant double glazing crap, and other companies trying to earn custom, not in those rural areas, its heaviest in the hearts of the city , rural guys love the current system, city guys are losing out big time!
Think there's an element of true there LPM. When I was working in a Busy City DO they used to get loads of pizza, indian, kebab, etc every week. Much less in a Rural DO. The People that are paying for these Households obviously have to target them at a certain group. Although we all have stories of delivering Patio & Conservatory Households to Blocks of Flats. :crazy:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)