ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

getting worse

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

getting worse

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Any deal good or bad is always voted in or out by DO staff as DO staff outnumber all other staff by at least 2:1
Working on that basis SP, how did they manage to vote in the changes to Household Payments? :whistle We ALL get the same "Delivery Supplement" now, whether we're simply pushing a York full of them onto a Truck, or having to prep 7 Households into a double slot frame. :hmmmm

It was"possible" to make £80 a week on the Old D2Ds, I'm sure most Posties didn't vote to cut their income to £24, but somebody did? :cuppa

How long will this rumour last as its all crap.

there are currently 77,000 delivery duties, and 140,000 employed in RM as a whole. In other words there are more delivery posties than any other function. Even within the Union there are 100,000 in deliveries and approx 25,000 in other functions.

Ergo Deliveries voted in because even if 100% of non-deliveries vote yes, you still need a substantial minority of Delivery personnel to vote with them.

Also we don't all get the delivery Supplement, its functional based and Deliveries is the highest. Mail Centres was around £8 a week when we were at £26.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

getting worse

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wacko74 wrote:
Deadly wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:We ALL get the same "Delivery Supplement" now, whether we're simply pushing a York full of them onto a Truck, or having to prep 7 Households into a double slot frame. :hmmmm
If you mean mail centre staff too, they don't.

I thought they did if there were any deliveries working out of that MC?

No, MC workers only get it if they do within their tasks specific delivery work. We have Collection staff working in Huddersfield who don't get the Del Supplement and some who do. The ones that do HAVE to do the overflow packets before commencing collection work.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by Dorset Plodder »

As always Thanks for the Clarification TBT. :thumbup So according to those figure Posties (by which I mean OPGs) did indeed vote themselves a paycut? :shock:

Sounds a bit like Turkeys voting for Christmas for me. :crazy: But nothing in the Crazy World of Royal Mail would surprise me anymore. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by aiden01 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:As always Thanks for the Clarification TBT. :thumbup So according to those figure Posties (by which I mean OPGs) did indeed vote themselves a paycut? :shock:

Sounds a bit like Turkeys voting for Christmas for me. :crazy: But nothing in the Crazy World of Royal Mail would surprise me anymore. :cuppa
all posties are classed as opgs surely might be wrong though??
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by aiden01 »

please dont quote phg grade done away with a long time ago :cool
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:As always Thanks for the Clarification TBT. :thumbup So according to those figure Posties (by which I mean OPGs) did indeed vote themselves a paycut? :shock:

Sounds a bit like Turkeys voting for Christmas for me. :crazy: But nothing in the Crazy World of Royal Mail would surprise me anymore. :cuppa
For a lot of posties getting a guaranteed 'lower' payment every week far surpassed what they were getting before.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by Dorset Plodder »

aiden01 wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:As always Thanks for the Clarification TBT. :thumbup So according to those figure Posties (by which I mean OPGs) did indeed vote themselves a paycut? :shock:

Sounds a bit like Turkeys voting for Christmas for me. :crazy: But nothing in the Crazy World of Royal Mail would surprise me anymore. :cuppa
all posties are classed as opgs surely might be wrong though??
Knew I should have used something else! :d'oh! Those of us that push paper through letterboxes perhaps? :hmmmm
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by Dorset Plodder »

t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:
For a lot of posties getting a guaranteed 'lower' payment every week far surpassed what they were getting before.
As the "Old" D2Ds were paid per item (with some larger ones like Newspapers paid at 3p per item) I wouldn't have thought there were many Posties getting less than £24? I think I use to average about £40 per week, and that wasn't on a vast amount of D2Ds. But you say many were getting less, I'll take your word for it as that may explain the Yes Vote. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

getting worse

Post by clashcityrocker »

Dorset Plodder wrote: as that may explain the Yes Vote. :cuppa
The vote was part of a much larger agreement. The D2D issue was a small part of it.
You also seem to be under the impression that the status quo was an option. It apparently wasn't.
The Delivery Supplement was a compromise, and for many a good compromise.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
walkthewalk
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by walkthewalk »

I can just imagine Moyà and her hierarchy reading this thread rubbing their hands with glee, folk on here wanting their colleagues out of Royal Mail and losing their jobs. Ever since Moyà took control of Royal Mail her one mission was to reduce the work force and now she has the work force trying to make her wish come true.
When the going gets tough "KEEP CALM" no one ever said that work is not hard, of course it is hard so get on with it.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by Dorset Plodder »

walkthewalk wrote:I can just imagine Moyà and her hierarchy reading this thread


I wish they did WTW then they might get some idea of what's really going in their Business, instead of just getting all the BS from their cronies. Knowing our luck she'd probably only see any posts that reinforced her own views, while ignoring the majority of posts pointing out the shortfalls of her Managers. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by toomuchcoke »

Dorset Plodder wrote:As the "Old" D2Ds were paid per item (with some larger ones like Newspapers paid at 3p per item) I wouldn't have thought there were many Posties getting less than £24? I think I use to average about £40 per week, and that wasn't on a vast amount of D2Ds. But you say many were getting less, I'll take your word for it as that may explain the Yes Vote. :cuppa
Don't have the figures anymore but IIRC I used to get about £10-15/week, and obviously £0/week whenever I had time off, so way better now. Obviously it varied because I had a "day off cover", and it depended upon whether the duty holder left any for me to do. (Oh how I laughed when I discovered one week that the duty holder had left me a street to do on Friday, but had already handed the form in claiming he'd delivered everything ... Cue a quick trip to the DOM's office, where I retrieved the street and filled my details in for the calls I'd done. It's possible I might have over counted a little? :whistle )
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by postslippete »

I would like to correct True Blue


I know for a fact that staff working on CSS machines still get the full delivery supplement and it is just like Dorset Plodder correctly mentioned - that they just wheel the D2Ds to the frames. They don't actually deliver any. Believe it or not there is a guy who works Part-time (29 hours) on CSS and because of his night shift allowance and full delivery supplement payment he earns about as much as me and I'm full-time!! And they will be getting their 1 hour break during the night as well because there is no night shift manager anymore.

And we lose out big time on the D2Ds. The CWU might dress it up as something else but the 'delivery supplement' was actually a payment for delivering the door to doors. And how many weeks do we not get any D2Ds?? Most weeks we seem to get 4 lots+ and because its such a growth area, we can expect to be delivering even more flyers for exactly the same rate of pay. Thanks for that CWU!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

getting worse

Post by cpsteve »

postslippete wrote:I would like to correct True Blue


I know for a fact that staff working on CSS machines still get the full delivery supplement and it is just like Dorset Plodder correctly mentioned - that they just wheel the D2Ds to the frames. They don't actually deliver any. Believe it or not there is a guy who works Part-time (29 hours) on CSS and because of his night shift allowance and full delivery supplement payment he earns about as much as me and I'm full-time!! And they will be getting their 1 hour break during the night as well because there is no night shift manager anymore.

And we lose out big time on the D2Ds. The CWU might dress it up as something else but the 'delivery supplement' was actually a payment for delivering the door to doors. And how many weeks do we not get any D2Ds?? Most weeks we seem to get 4 lots+ and because its such a growth area, we can expect to be delivering even more flyers for exactly the same rate of pay. Thanks for that CWU!!
To outsiders it must sound strange that we get paid extra for delivering leaflets in our normal working time.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

getting worse

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

cpsteve wrote:
postslippete wrote:I would like to correct True Blue


I know for a fact that staff working on CSS machines still get the full delivery supplement and it is just like Dorset Plodder correctly mentioned - that they just wheel the D2Ds to the frames. They don't actually deliver any. Believe it or not there is a guy who works Part-time (29 hours) on CSS and because of his night shift allowance and full delivery supplement payment he earns about as much as me and I'm full-time!! And they will be getting their 1 hour break during the night as well because there is no night shift manager anymore.

And we lose out big time on the D2Ds. The CWU might dress it up as something else but the 'delivery supplement' was actually a payment for delivering the door to doors. And how many weeks do we not get any D2Ds?? Most weeks we seem to get 4 lots+ and because its such a growth area, we can expect to be delivering even more flyers for exactly the same rate of pay. Thanks for that CWU!!
To outsiders it must sound strange that we get paid extra for delivering leaflets in our normal working time.
Because we don't.

Anyone tagged to a Delivery Office or Carrying out a delivery function

1.CSS staff can be tied to a delivery office they work in.
2. Collection Hub staff in a DO doing delivery work and tied to the DO.
3. But collection staff in my DO who are tied to the local MC don't get it.

The Delivery Supplement was not a direct replacement for the D2Ds payment. However, the Union were able to ringfence the budget for D2Ds and convinced RM to pay it as a Delivery Supplement. Also its not paid for delivering D2Ds, its paid for being in the Delivery Function.

Again, as I seem to do in every post that this comes up in I'll restate I DON NOT AGREE with the current payment system. Indeed I voted against it. But its what we have and this continual dragging up of "Alternative Facts" does nothing to help. If we want to change the system, we at least have to understand it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.