ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Snails????

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Snails????

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

tommyrep wrote:True Blue Terrier.
It would appear my last post has been removed or deleted from the forum.
If so, what rules did I infringe ? Is right to reply not allowed ?
Or is it the case one posters just get free and while others don't.
Is "clashcityrocker" not above questioning ?
I haven't deleted any post from this thread. In fact I wasn't on the forum from around 5pm till today so will check the logs so I haven't seen any post after buzzboys.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Snails????

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Nope the logs don't show any deletions,

These are the last 3 Moderator Actions/User Deletions over the last few days

harrybean 15 Feb 2017, 19:28 Deleted topic “600 drivers question” written by » harrybean
POSTMAN 14 Feb 2017, 23:53 Moved topic » from MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING/DISTRIBUTION to BLUE SHIRTS
TrueBlueTerrier 14 Feb 2017, 16:40 Edited post “HCTs” written by » Dom Coleone
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

Snails????

Post by DGH »

So criticising the work rate of others is beyond the pale?

Quite right, I say.

I look forwards therefore to the day when 'runners' are not chastised on this forum, and neither are the slow (be they deliberately so or not).
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Snails????

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DGH wrote:So criticising the work rate of others is beyond the pale?

Quite right, I say.

I look forwards therefore to the day when 'runners' are not chastised on this forum, and neither are the slow (be they deliberately so or not).
I agree

However, not complaining but its a balancing act.

Close or Delete Thread = Freedom of Speech questioned.
Leave Thread as it is = Allowing abuse brought up.

My balance is hopefully to allow people to post as long as it's a reasonable topic and not aimed personally at anyone. Hopefully most posters are adult enough to show at least some respect to others of a different bent.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Snails????

Post by tommyrep »

DGH wrote:So criticising the work rate of others is beyond the pale?

Quite right, I say.

I look forwards therefore to the day when 'runners' are not chastised on this forum, and neither are the slow (be they deliberately so or not).
Valid point if in an ideal world. Human nature has a strange animal instinct at times and fear can bring out the worst in people. Unfortunately the runners you refer too, do allow often unfair challenges from managers on people who are not, runners. It is not per say the runners fault. RM management use it as a weapon in their armoury to pressurise and there lies the problem. Slow, deliberately slow posties are a problem as well,but , are we to sit back and allow RM to bully and still have their cake and eat it ? Continue to take the p..s.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Snails????

Post by clashcityrocker »

tommyrep wrote: Masters of cut and paste to their own advantage.
Actually I simply misunderstood his post, which to answer his question is why I cut and pasted as I did. I am sorry. Even I make mistakes sometimes.
Over the years Fishtank has been an invaluable source of information and advice and I have enormous respect for him.
The idea that I am now cyber bullying him is laughable.

Anyway what I object to is this idea that runners are to blame for all an office's ills.
The idea that if everyone did the job properly no duty would be achievable and RM would have to put duties back in everywhere.
It is just nonsense.
There are other reasons for being slow and not just "doing the job properly"

If as FT says we are being asked to work to a set of "very loose and easily achievable set of standards" why can some people not achieve them? Ever? Not indoors and not outdoors?
How many instances does anyone know of where someone has been taken down the NCI route to its conclusion?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Snails????

Post by fishtank »

The reason I don't like to discuss the "standards" of those that are slow or underperform is that there are a multitude of possible reasons including medical and age related that in my experience are never taken account of when these office "discussions" take place. A lot of medical conditions are undisclosed and frankly none of our business.

There are always lazy people and I think that's more prevalent indoors where it's common to see the same work dodgers disappearing to the toilet when the sorting needs to be done but that doesn't seem to be a performance issue, they can sort to standard they just choose to avoid work when they can, that's supposed to be where the managers earn their money.

As for outdoor I've never really came across anyone who would deliberately hang out a delivery just to make a bit of overtime, it does rain a lot up here though and delivery can be an unpleasant experience. I think the idea that on the one hand most members complain that the deliveries are too long and on the other hand these "lazy" members of staff are staying out even longer for an extra couple of bucks doesn't really gel with me. There are far easier ways to pick up a bit of overtime in royal mail.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Snails????

Post by greengiant »

clashcityrocker wrote:
fishtank wrote:
Insecure socially disfunctional muppets often still living with their mother at 45, Royal Mail seems to attract more than its fair share of them..
But what about postie A who does the job by the book - starts on time, takes his full meal relief, uses the correct tools for the job correctly, performs all the doorstep scans and delivers to neighbour as often as possible and still completes on time whereas postie B just strings it out for an hours docket everyday because if all you have to look forward to is going home to your mum, then why not?
Why get paid 39 hours for 39 hours work when you get 44 hours pay for 39 hours work and treat yourself to a new Airfix model ? (or whatever these insecure socially dysfunctional muppets do with their spare time)
And what's wrong with building airfix kits? More enjoyable and productive than watching a bunch of men running about a pitch kicking a bag of air... :wink:
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Snails????

Post by robbertwhitton »

tommyrep wrote:Ok Clash.
Postie A completes on a given day, doing the job properly, well done. No O/T claimed, good guy :Applause
Next day DOM, says yesterday you finished with xyz workload, so today you can do exactly the same ! :dance
Posties B finishes on time next day ! :thumbdown
Horses for courses. You are, like all managers ASSUMING a bit too much. Nothing is alike on day to day delivery, duty to duty and you well know it. If over, you get paid simple, it's not your call - your opinion is irrelevant.
We don't get paid o/t as it's pointed out that we went home early the day before!??? The lack of clarity in our office is simply laughable lapse thus part time hours on full time duties?? Such an effort to digest it all we ain't gonna win,and after 36 years get told maybe this job isn't for you any more???