ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers
Well in my opinion the customers of delivery services do not realise that by denying receipt, The Royal Mail and other courier services may stop delivery to neighbour all together (Unless specified by safe place instructions). Essentially the customers would have ruined the experience for themselves.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers
Courier Newflash from November 2014 https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... INAL_0.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"should a complaint be made, it will be discussed with you and the CWU rep to find a mutually acceptable solution" Which is massively wide open to blowing up in your face.
I have a few places where I do deliver to neighbour, but one of them is getting increasingly peed off about me asking so I no longer bother them. Can't say I blame them as the neighbour is in about one day week, but gets packets on three or four.
"should a complaint be made, it will be discussed with you and the CWU rep to find a mutually acceptable solution" Which is massively wide open to blowing up in your face.
I have a few places where I do deliver to neighbour, but one of them is getting increasingly peed off about me asking so I no longer bother them. Can't say I blame them as the neighbour is in about one day week, but gets packets on three or four.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers
This 'first time delivery' spiel RM constantly come out with drives me insane! As far as I'm concerned I have tried to deliver 'first time' and if they're not in tough titty! As I have my own duty, I do deliver to some neighbours who I know and trust but this whole deliver to neighbour lark is a load of nonsense! When it was first introduced I gave it a go but found it more hassle than what it's worth (e.g. 'I'm not taking a parcel for that w*anker'!). Plus all the bad points and things that can go wrong have been highlighted in this thread!
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers
A lot of neighbours just don't take in parcels anymore, they are p1ssed off with taking the parcels in for the same people and all the other Couriors knocking on their doors as well
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers
I find that the neighbour is all happy and smiling the first couple of times you knock to ask them to take a parcel in. Then by the 4th time that week when they come to the door wrapped in a towel with shaving foam on their face they are not best pleased. Saturday is normally a no-no to deliver to neighbour, can you imagine it " Morning sorry to get you out of bed but your neighbour is too lazy to get out of bed! can you take a parcel in for them?"delfranklin1969 wrote:This 'first time delivery' spiel RM constantly come out with drives me insane! As far as I'm concerned I have tried to deliver 'first time' and if they're not in tough titty! As I have my own duty, I do deliver to some neighbours who I know and trust but this whole deliver to neighbour lark is a load of nonsense! When it was first introduced I gave it a go but found it more hassle than what it's worth (e.g. 'I'm not taking a parcel for that w*anker'!). Plus all the bad points and things that can go wrong have been highlighted in this thread!
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers
Indeed, I have stopped delivering to one neighbour who would happily take the odd parcel this week as the customer has had big parcels every day and by day three you could tell she was getting peeved! Also I have found that some people don't even bother to pick up their parcel from a neighbour for ages! Totally agree about Saturdays, I just don't bother in general, its bad enough getting those who have parcels out their beds! I just wish RM would drop this deliver to neighbour obsession! Mind you usually comes from suits who have never delivered in their life!sussexlad wrote:I find that the neighbour is all happy and smiling the first couple of times you knock to ask them to take a parcel in. Then by the 4th time that week when they come to the door wrapped in a towel with shaving foam on their face they are not best pleased. Saturday is normally a no-no to deliver to neighbour, can you imagine it " Morning sorry to get you out of bed but your neighbour is too lazy to get out of bed! can you take a parcel in for them?"delfranklin1969 wrote:This 'first time delivery' spiel RM constantly come out with drives me insane! As far as I'm concerned I have tried to deliver 'first time' and if they're not in tough titty! As I have my own duty, I do deliver to some neighbours who I know and trust but this whole deliver to neighbour lark is a load of nonsense! When it was first introduced I gave it a go but found it more hassle than what it's worth (e.g. 'I'm not taking a parcel for that w*anker'!). Plus all the bad points and things that can go wrong have been highlighted in this thread!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Interesting. Delivery to a Neighbour causing problems for Amazon Sellers
Totally Agree! Had one today, I could tell by her expression that she wasn't pleased, and she said, "Will this cause you a problem if I say No"? I said, "Not a problem for me, I understand this can become a bit of a pain for you" Then I showed her the 739 and filled in the "Left with Neighbour" box as "No Answer". I've found in the past some stroppy buggers have a go at their neighbour because they wouldn't take their parcel in!sussexlad wrote:
I find that the neighbour is all happy and smiling the first couple of times you knock to ask them to take a parcel in. Then by the 4th time that week when they come to the door wrapped in a towel with shaving foam on their face they are not best pleased. Saturday is normally a no-no to deliver to neighbour, can you imagine it " Morning sorry to get you out of bed but your neighbour is too lazy to get out of bed! can you take a parcel in for them?"
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)