Spot on - crap posties make crap guvnorscantonkid1955 wrote:Most of the management are failed postmen anyway,,who failed on the walk so they get made up to clipboard bullies..just assholes with ties on,
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
No training on new dutys
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
No training on new dutys
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 579
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
No training on new dutys
Is that true? You are supposed to get training as a reserve everytime you are put on a new walk? When I started in the job over 20 years ago I had a weeks training on the first walk I was put on and then over the next year or so must have done over 25 different walks as a reserve and wasn't trained on any of them.NewPostieUK wrote:Yes, you are meant to be trained up before doing a duty. Tell the manager you haven't been trained up next time he tries it.
I've refused to do many duties due to not being trained on them. The few times I've been persuaded, I insisted on having a map printed off and speaking to someone who knew it. Also, I've only taken out about 3/4 of the walk due to being slow due to not knowing it.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
No training on new dutys
Obviously every office could be different. I have been trained up on every walk I have done except one (mentioned above). Until recently people only did walks they were trained on. However, due to sickness and bad management, new starters are treated very badly and told to just get on with it. Maybe some know the area well anyway? Personally, I didn't know the town at all (never been before!) until I did a few duties. There is still areas I have no idea how to get there.Zicomurphy wrote:Is that true? You are supposed to get training as a reserve everytime you are put on a new walk? When I started in the job over 20 years ago I had a weeks training on the first walk I was put on and then over the next year or so must have done over 25 different walks as a reserve and wasn't trained on any of them.NewPostieUK wrote:Yes, you are meant to be trained up before doing a duty. Tell the manager you haven't been trained up next time he tries it.
I've refused to do many duties due to not being trained on them. The few times I've been persuaded, I insisted on having a map printed off and speaking to someone who knew it. Also, I've only taken out about 3/4 of the walk due to being slow due to not knowing it.
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
No training on new dutys
Thanks for all the comments, your all really helpful. However things are just getting worse, yesterday I was put on a duty that I had never done before, with a guy who has been there just as long as me (3 month or so) who had no idea how my loops pulled out, how they went and couldn't show me where to go, anyway we did the duty & lapsing which we had to take, finish on time only to get crap of the postman who's duty it is the following morning because I didn't do any doors! Even though I was told by the driver not to, I'm sick and tired of been sworn at and spoken to like dog muck. Never in my life have I tolerated it but it's a daily occurrence at Royal Mail, I'm applying for other jobs I think.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
No training on new dutys
Do what to the doors? Door to Doors do you mean? Aren't you part time?
Also, why did you take out lapsing?
Also, why did you take out lapsing?
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
No training on new dutys
Stand up to them. A lot of people think that putting on an RM uniform makes them into some sort of hard man.Decpassat06 wrote:Thanks for all the comments, your all really helpful. However things are just getting worse, yesterday I was put on a duty that I had never done before, with a guy who has been there just as long as me (3 month or so) who had no idea how my loops pulled out, how they went and couldn't show me where to go, anyway we did the duty & lapsing which we had to take, finish on time only to get crap of the postman who's duty it is the following morning because I didn't do any doors! Even though I was told by the driver not to, I'm sick and tired of been sworn at and spoken to like dog muck. Never in my life have I tolerated it but it's a daily occurrence at Royal Mail, I'm applying for other jobs I think.
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
No training on new dutys
Yeh Door to door and yeh I'm part time. I have no idea why we took lapsing, other guy brought it outNewPostieUK wrote:Do what to the doors? Door to Doors do you mean? Aren't you part time?
Also, why did you take out lapsing?
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
No training on new dutys
Hi all, think it's finally catching up to me, I'm ill as a dog this morning flu/cold so I've called in sick.... this is my second day in under 5 weeks so I'm in for a good bolloking I think.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
No training on new dutys
Some duties (never mind offices) are different, but usually the Door to Doors are prepped by the person who preps the duty, and part timers don't prep. .Decpassat06 wrote:Yeh Door to door and yeh I'm part time. I have no idea why we took lapsing, other guy brought it outNewPostieUK wrote:Do what to the doors? Door to Doors do you mean? Aren't you part time?
Also, why did you take out lapsing?
-
Decpassat06
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 22:16
- Gender: Male
No training on new dutys
I was getting grief for not prepping any as there wasn't any made up. I'm begging to think it's the postmans mates who I had a problem with when I first started trying to make my life hard as they blatantly are, there is no other explanation for acting like they are.....NewPostieUK wrote:Some duties (never mind offices) are different, but usually the Door to Doors are prepped by the person who preps the duty, and part timers don't prep. .Decpassat06 wrote:Yeh Door to door and yeh I'm part time. I have no idea why we took lapsing, other guy brought it outNewPostieUK wrote:Do what to the doors? Door to Doors do you mean? Aren't you part time?
Also, why did you take out lapsing?
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
No training on new dutys
Didn't even get a map offered !gary1975 wrote:Wasn't that long ago you got a map and a 60 second run down of how to tie it up and off you go ;)
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
No training on new dutys
As mentioned above the person prepping the walk should prep the D2D because any sane person would prep D2D into an empty frame and not one full of mail. As for being moved around to different walks that is the life of a reserve and once again any decent postman would know you have not done the walk before and help you out with any tying up of loops,obscure calls etc. As for 2 newbies on a CDV pairing i would say that is bad duty planning by whoever does the duties. Try and keep going though because normally there are more decent guys to work with than twats.