A POSTMAN has completed one of the toughest ever mail rounds by trekking 15 miles across the Brecon Beacons for charity with 35 pounds on his back.
Steven Lewis, from Kington, dressed in his postman's uniform and delivered an item at each of the checkpoints along the route which is used by the SAS as part of its selection process.
In the summer Steven completed the 'Clean Fatigue' version of the Fan Dance which sees competitors run from the Storey Arms, to the top of Pen-y-Fan, the car park at Taf Fechan Forest at Torpantau, and then back in reverse to the Storey Arms.
On that occasion he carried a light pack with essentials.
"I raised in total £1,264 which was matched by Royal Mail in support of the Stroke Association," said Steven.
"I pledged that if I reached £1,000 I would once again undertake the Fan Dance in the Winter, but this time in the 'Loaded' category carrying 35lbs (not including food and water).
"If this wasn't going to be hard enough I said it would be done in my postman uniform.
"On the January 15, I delivered a small package to each checkpoint on the hardest delivery route ever!"
Steven raised over £1,174 for Pilgrim Bandits, who help injured personnel from both the armed and emergency services.