ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

DPD tops consumer parcels poll

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

DPD tops consumer parcels poll

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.logisticsmanager.com/dpd-top ... cels-poll/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DPD has come out top in the annual survey of parcel delivery firms by MoneySavingExpert.com, the web site founded by consumer journalist Martin Lewis.

Nine out of ten voters rated DPD’s service “great” or “OK”, including 71 per cent who rated it “great”.

This put it ahead of Royal Mail Parcels, Parcelforce, DHL and Collect Plus, which all scored highly in the poll.

Image

Find further details click here. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/poll/1 ... -and-worst" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3725
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

DPD tops consumer parcels poll

Post by yellowbelly »

Can I have a poll on whether posties should post the DPD's equivalent of a 739 through the letterbox when they have been left limply hanging
out of the letterbox or just let them float gently to the floor? :evil/mad
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

DPD tops consumer parcels poll

Post by LouBarlow »

yellowbelly wrote:Can I have a poll on whether posties should post the DPD's equivalent of a 739 through the letterbox when they have been left limply hanging
out of the letterbox or just let them float gently to the floor? :evil/mad
When we start offering the tracking precision of DPD we can complain about the odd poorly carded 739.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

DPD tops consumer parcels poll

Post by WOBBLY »

I can see why. Custom 1 hr delivery slots bookable online, reminders when your parcel is due etc...... plus they seem very reliable!
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

DPD tops consumer parcels poll

Post by South_London_Postie »

As an online shopping customer myself I get a sense of satisfaction knowing my parcel is coming through DPD I must admit their service is TOP NOTCH they have never let me down... yodel on the other hand I refuse to buy from sellers who use them or My Hermes.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

DPD tops consumer parcels poll

Post by deltaforce »

Working on delivery I invariably get to each delivery point the same time every day plus or minus 30 mins. With that regularity I would have thought most receipitants would have a good idea when you would be coming without the need of booking a time slot
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

DPD tops consumer parcels poll

Post by LouBarlow »

deltaforce wrote:Working on delivery I invariably get to each delivery point the same time every day plus or minus 30 mins. With that regularity I would have thought most receipitants would have a good idea when you would be coming without the need of booking a time slot
I have a different postie every day and can receive my mail either at the beginning or the end of his/her duty, depending on how they deliver it. DPD just offer a better service for parcels in my experience...but then they don't have a shed-load of letters and other junk to deliver, and they have a decent system in place to cope with the planning, unlike Royal Mail.