Just be aware that your insurance won't cover your use of your own vehicle for delivering live mail. Hopefully you won't also start to take d2ds home to prep to "help" management out...Janet Brum wrote:Been there, done that on my way home :)
Actually, I offered to help![]()
As I said, I`m new and I like the job. And I see things differently, I like to help and to do my job proper, not to be a runner.
Sorry if someone feels offended, that`s not my purpose
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Conduct issue
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Conduct issue
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Conduct issue
Delivering mail in a private car is not doing the job properly : http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=46941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Janet Brum wrote:........ I like to help and to do my job proper,..............
-
superports
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 09:15
- Gender: Male
Conduct issue
Would taking d2d's home in a car invalidate insurance? Hopefully it would and might persuade those that do it to desist.greengiant wrote:Just be aware that your insurance won't cover your use of your own vehicle for delivering live mail. Hopefully you won't also start to take d2ds home to prep to "help" management out...Janet Brum wrote:Been there, done that on my way home :)
Actually, I offered to help![]()
As I said, I`m new and I like the job. And I see things differently, I like to help and to do my job proper, not to be a runner.
Sorry if someone feels offended, that`s not my purpose
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Conduct issue
Janet,
You will learn in time that you can be helpful and assist management but unfortunately that is a one way road within Royal Mail and when it comes to you needing support or needing time off, holiday requests etc. there will be no reciprocation.
As for using your own car even if it is on the way home to deliver a few calls. Get stopped by the police and you will lose your license and probably get a substantial fine. Royal Mail or your manager will not have any sympathy with you as you have broken company regulations.
It is up to you at the end of the day, your job, your license and most definitely your cost.
You will learn in time that you can be helpful and assist management but unfortunately that is a one way road within Royal Mail and when it comes to you needing support or needing time off, holiday requests etc. there will be no reciprocation.
As for using your own car even if it is on the way home to deliver a few calls. Get stopped by the police and you will lose your license and probably get a substantial fine. Royal Mail or your manager will not have any sympathy with you as you have broken company regulations.
It is up to you at the end of the day, your job, your license and most definitely your cost.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Conduct issue
I suggest Janet takes a look at this thread for her own benefit.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=79833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=79833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
simonj12
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 21:16
- Gender: Male
Conduct issue
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=46941
I don't think "full Business Motor insurance" mentioned in paragraph 4 of the letter would be enough. As I understand it business motor insurance is for companies carrying their own goods to their customers. RM are not transporting RM goods. They are carrying their customers' goods and charging them for this service so I believe any RM employee using his/her own car would need the more expensive hire and reward insurance.
Also whilst it's not a legal requirement to additionally have goods-in-transit and public liability policies I would expect it to be a requirement for RM.
I don't think "full Business Motor insurance" mentioned in paragraph 4 of the letter would be enough. As I understand it business motor insurance is for companies carrying their own goods to their customers. RM are not transporting RM goods. They are carrying their customers' goods and charging them for this service so I believe any RM employee using his/her own car would need the more expensive hire and reward insurance.
Also whilst it's not a legal requirement to additionally have goods-in-transit and public liability policies I would expect it to be a requirement for RM.
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Conduct issue
so what happens, if the car window is smashed and said manager loses some stirs?