ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Eating raw garlic at work

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Eating raw garlic at work

Post by Chelseablue »

So you can stink in youre own new car
newbie75
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Jan 2017, 13:41
Gender: Male

Eating raw garlic at work

Post by newbie75 »

bogues2009 wrote:Hi
After 11years witnessing how filthy some posties are at my workplace(intentionally sneezing/coughing at you, not washing their hands after leaving toilet) I decided to eat(chew) raw garlic at work to keep all the bacterias, germs away. This is my great grandparent method he used before antibiotics became popular.
It keeps me healthy and helps overcome any colds etc much quicker.
However, as you can imagine some colleagues are not happy and complained to DOM. He asked me to stop eating it at work and asked Union Rep to speak to me as well. He however said cant see a problem with that.
Any thoughts???

made me laugh :thumbup
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Eating raw garlic at work

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Garlic doesn't bother me personally but there's obviously a lot of different things that upset us about our colleagues, judging by the variety of previous posts. My DO is fairly spread out so maybe the "Smells" don't effect me as much as the noise, apart from one women that insists on wearing Joop (which just makes me want to gag). :sad:

"Noise" tends to grind my gears more. We have competitive Whistling it seems, several guys trying to out do each other, whistling along to various tunes on the radio. Another guy likes to laugh LOUDLY at nearly anything, or after making any comment. It's like working with the Bloody Laughing Policemen! It wears a bit thin after a while but how can you complain about someone laughing? :hmmmm

And I'm sure every DO has it's fair share of "Box Throwers"? Normally seems to increase when it's a busy day. Don't know how throwing boxes about helps you to deal with the mail? :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Eating raw garlic at work

Post by bustedflush »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Garlic doesn't bother me personally but there's obviously a lot of different things that upset us about our colleagues, judging by the variety of previous posts. My DO is fairly spread out so maybe the "Smells" don't effect me as much as the noise, apart from one women that insists on wearing Joop (which just makes me want to gag). :sad:

"Noise" tends to grind my gears more. We have competitive Whistling it seems, several guys trying to out do each other, whistling along to various tunes on the radio. Another guy likes to laugh LOUDLY at nearly anything, or after making any comment. It's like working with the Bloody Laughing Policemen! It wears a bit thin after a while but how can you complain about someone laughing? :hmmmm

And I'm sure every DO has it's fair share of "Box Throwers"? Normally seems to increase when it's a busy day. Don't know how throwing boxes about helps you to deal with the mail? :cuppa

Ah yes|! The serial whistler is an ENORMOUS ass-pain. I worked with one I nicknamed 'Thrush' so if the women asked me why 1 could say he was always whistling like a bird, but if blokes asked he was an irritating ****. Laughing was rare in my DO so no comments there but the noise I agree I HATED was not the general hubbub and banter but the execrable Heart FM radio they used to have on via the PA system, only halted for a few secs if the DIM used the mic button to call someone into the office, usually accompanied by sarcastic cheers and jeers by the rest of us. Before I took IHR I was getting close to murder if I ever heard Ed sodding Sheeran, Adele or that awful dirge "groan-groan-groan-I wasn't expecting that..." (which I can't remember who by) EVER AGAIN! :evil/mad :evil/mad :evil/mad
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Eating raw garlic at work

Post by Jpro747 »

Yeah I agree about the noise, some individuals think it's fine that everyone should have to hear them, and it's always the same phrases uttered everyday that never seem to go out of fashion, or maybe they just have a short memory? :hmmmm
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Eating raw garlic at work

Post by Janet Brum »

bogues2009 wrote:Hi
After 11years witnessing how filthy some posties are at my workplace(intentionally sneezing/coughing at you, not washing their hands after leaving toilet) I decided to eat(chew) raw garlic at work to keep all the bacterias, germs away. This is my great grandparent method he used before antibiotics became popular.
It keeps me healthy and helps overcome any colds etc much quicker.
However, as you can imagine some colleagues are not happy and complained to DOM. He asked me to stop eating it at work and asked Union Rep to speak to me as well. He however said cant see a problem with that.
Any thoughts???
Try eating it with the afternoon/evening meal, it`s what I do and I don`t stink in the morning/next day and it`s still helping me not to catch colds and other germs :Very Happy
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Eating raw garlic at work

Post by Pathfinder »

Jpro747 wrote:Yeah I agree about the noise, some individuals think it's fine that everyone should have to hear them, and it's always the same phrases uttered everyday that never seem to go out of fashion, or maybe they just have a short memory? :hmmmm

Yeah same in our DO, same people saying the same things every day of the bloody week like a broken record!
Darwinsdad
Posts: 78
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
Gender: Male

Eating raw garlic at work

Post by Darwinsdad »

Pathfinder wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:Yeah I agree about the noise, some individuals think it's fine that everyone should have to hear them, and it's always the same phrases uttered everyday that never seem to go out of fashion, or maybe they just have a short memory? :hmmmm

Yeah same in our DO, same people saying the same things every day of the bloody week like a broken record!
Our office is the same. "Make sure you take all your packets and parcels, lapsing x amount of walks today, what do you mean you can't extend etc..."
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Eating raw garlic at work

Post by scoobydo79 »

I can smell it from ere. Cut it out!!!!! :Sick