ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rest day bank holiday
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Rest day bank holiday
When should You get the money if You choose it rather than the holiday ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Rest day bank holiday
scoobydo79 wrote:When should You get the money if You choose it rather than the holiday ?
The first available payday after they enter it on the PSP. For easter last year it was Mid July when I got mine IIRC. But then I had to raise a grievance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Rest day bank holiday
does this apply to mc,s as well as none of our reps know anything about it cheers as far as they are aware u only get day in lieu and cannot ask for it to be paid as ot.Jpro747 wrote:Makes you wonder how many posties are unaware that you should be paid OT or day in lieu and aren't getting either due to managers lying to try n save a bit on their budgets.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Rest day bank holiday
It should do if you are subject to the same agreement between CWU and RM as the OPG's are. The again it may be slightly different as the DO operational needs and holiday system might vary from the MC ones. I'm sure TBT will know...aiden01 wrote:does this apply to mc,s as well as none of our reps know anything about it cheers as far as they are aware u only get day in lieu and cannot ask for it to be paid as ot.Jpro747 wrote:Makes you wonder how many posties are unaware that you should be paid OT or day in lieu and aren't getting either due to managers lying to try n save a bit on their budgets.
In reply to another comment, the lino or office admin should come round before the weekend of the Bank Hol and take a list of who wants paying, otherwise the default is the lieu day. This means it appears in pay the Friday after the Bank Holiday. If they come round the day after the BH say on the Tuesday or Wednesday then it would be received the following Friday. It depends on the DO admin and the timing of their question to you.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Rest day bank holiday
cheers bustedflush hope somebody can clarify.bustedflush wrote:It should do if you are subject to the same agreement between CWU and RM as the OPG's are. The again it may be slightly different as the DO operational needs and holiday system might vary from the MC ones. I'm sure TBT will know...aiden01 wrote:does this apply to mc,s as well as none of our reps know anything about it cheers as far as they are aware u only get day in lieu and cannot ask for it to be paid as ot.Jpro747 wrote:Makes you wonder how many posties are unaware that you should be paid OT or day in lieu and aren't getting either due to managers lying to try n save a bit on their budgets.
In reply to another comment, the lino or office admin should come round before the weekend of the Bank Hol and take a list of who wants paying, otherwise the default is the lieu day. This means it appears in pay the Friday after the Bank Holiday. If they come round the day after the BH say on the Tuesday or Wednesday then it would be received the following Friday. It depends on the DO admin and the timing of their question to you.
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Rest day bank holiday
I've no rotation day off so as it stands my rest day could be any day they choose, never a Saturday. Every time a bank holiday rolls round they make that my rest day. I am sure I get paid for it, Am I right in saying really I/we should get a days pay plus a day in lieu? They are sneaky lying b*****ds & will do anything to screw you over.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Rest day bank holiday
stephen.cal87 wrote:I've no rotation day off so as it stands my rest day could be any day they choose, never a Saturday. Every time a bank holiday rolls round they make that my rest day. I am sure I get paid for it, Am I right in saying really I/we should get a days pay plus a day in lieu? They are sneaky lying b*****ds & will do anything to screw you over.
No, 1 or either, not both.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Rest day bank holiday
stephen.cal87 wrote: I've no rotation day off so as it stands my rest day could be any day they choose, never a Saturday.
I am sure there is a national agreement in place the Dom should aim to give you a Saturday off every X amount of weeks. Someone else will be able to clarify on here.
stephen.cal87 wrote: I am sure I get paid for it, Am I right in saying really I/we should get a days pay plus a day in lieu?.
Easy to tell if you get paid for when your day off "falls" on a bank holiday. It will show as overtime on your payslip on top of your normal wages.
If not you are owed a lieu day. You do not receive both it's one or the other.
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Rest day bank holiday
Ok, I will check my payslip. Yes I would love to know if there is an agreement to a Saturday off every so often as I only ever get one off when I'm on annual leave for the week.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Rest day bank holiday
I always manage to get paid for my day off if it falls on a bank holiday (which it always does). I took the first couple as days in lieu but trying to actually take them is a pain in the arse. There are people in my office who have accumulated months of days in lieu because they can't actually get them off! Is that the same nationwide or is my office just a bit useless?
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Rest day bank holiday
Same in most places I would imagine! However, there's always the 'chosen few' who seem to get taking these days in lieu owed to them.