woopesh wrote:This is true. My friend who works in retail, she is really quite attractive and is good at making people feel good about themselves. My wife hates her guts.bustedflush wrote: Sales jobs like that tend to be filled by younger persons with a certain kind of suave about them.Actually, on that basis, my wife would probably love my RM managers!
Yes, most of us in my DO were simian Neanderthal types best kept in one place and not unleashed on the unsuspecting public via the enclosed space of a shop or retail outlet.
I am safely ensconced at home now out of view, I suppose a Tube Driver would have been OK given that the public would only have a very quick blurry glimpse of me as I whizzed past the platform...
On a more serious note, I still believe it is a minefield looking for work outside RM, especially for long-timers who may get a shock to their system after say 15-30 years in the RM environment.