ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Late special

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Late special

Post by NewPostieUK »

bustedflush wrote:
wannabeek wrote: There is a manager's dodge somewhere as I remember doing a Doctor's Surgery once, arrived at about 8 minutes to 1 and the sods had shut for lunch early!
Thats hardly your fault. No dodge required, they are out. It happens to me all the time, sometimes I go back later.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Late special

Post by bustedflush »

dfubster wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:
bustedflush wrote:
wannabeek wrote: There is a manager's dodge somewhere as I remember doing a Doctor's Surgery once, arrived at about 8 minutes to 1 and the sods had shut for lunch early!
Thats hardly your fault. No dodge required, they are out. It happens to me all the time, sometimes I go back later.
Surely there would be no problem here anyway (at 8 minutes to 1)? Not delivered - No answer - 739d. Easy life.
Sorry, should've elaborated didn't actually fill a 739 in as a sign was on the door for us saying don't take it back, apologizing for being shut and when the door would be open again. In our office we were told NOT to redeliver Specials after 13:00 but to bring them back - I can't recall the reason for this but that's how it was. So I got dispensation to not scan it as undelivered but to do it at the time they reopened. Yes looking back it seems bizarre, that's why I assumed the managers must have some sort of circumstances or facilities where they can override it. If I'd had my way, 739 at 12:52 and not mess about.