ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by cpsteve »

When they stop sick pay I wonder if the sick leave will go up or down.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by wannabeek »

2 questions, so far as I can see not already answered by RM.

Can you ask for cash equivalent or do you have to take the car. Not all of us have any use for a little fiesta.

Does everyone participating in a legitimate strike get knocked out of the running? I've a feeling this may be a very real issue at the next pay deal this spring. If so it could mean that the only eligible employees in this competition are strike-breakers.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by eastie »

I remember one postie who got a stage warning for a heart attack
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by bustedflush »

The only Fiesta I ever owned was hidden under my mattress when I was 15.
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by Nondescript »

Mr Incognito wrote:1 day down, only 119 to go!
I'm out of the running already, that vomit inducing bug takes no prisoners :silenced
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by crazyshrew »

wannabeek wrote:2 questions, so far as I can see not already answered by RM.

Can you ask for cash equivalent or do you have to take the car. Not all of us have any use for a little fiesta.

Does everyone participating in a legitimate strike get knocked out of the running? I've a feeling this may be a very real issue at the next pay deal this spring. If so it could mean that the only eligible employees in this competition are strike-breakers.
It's all in the T's&C's https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... .12.16.pdf

No alternative to the car but it will belong entirely to the winners to do as they wish with. I would have absolutely no use for it, or even anywhere to put it even if I needed it so would probably flog it on If I was one of the "lucky" winners.

It's also not just absence that will disqualify people either, being anything less than the perfect employee will make you ineligible. (amazed no-one else has picked up on that yet)
7. There is no cash alternative for any of the prizes, in whole or in part and prizes are non-transferable.

8. Winners of cars will be responsible for collection of the car. The car will be the entire responsibility of the employee upon and after collection. Royal Mail Group gives no warranty as to the condition of the car. If a winner of a car fails to collect it within 14 days of being notified that s/he has won it, Royal Mail Group reserves the right to retain the car and dispose of it at its sole discretion.
c. “Full Attendance“ means no absence (including part-days) for any of the
following reasons:
i. sickness for any reason and in any circumstances, except:
1. sickness or medical absence which is due to a disability covered under the Equality Act;
2. absences which are for a pregnancy related illness, maternity-related, paternity, shared parental leave, adoption leave or special leave;
3. where Royal Mail Group exercises its discretion to exclude the absence pursuant to paragraph 12, 13 or 14;
ii. career break; and
iii. unauthorised absence for any reason;
1. unauthorised absence will include any absence due to strike action or non-performance due to any action short of a strike in either case whether following a lawful ballot or any unlawful industrial action
The above is not an exhaustive list of reasons for any absence.
12. If, during the Relevant Period, an employee who would otherwise be an Eligible
Employee:
a. is subject to the Non-Culpable Inefficiency Agreement; or
b. is subject to the Supporting Performance Improvement Policy; or
c. is subject to a conduct related disciplinary sanction
they will no longer be an Eligible Employee.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by NewPostieUK »

bustedflush wrote:The only Fiesta I ever owned was hidden under my mattress when I was 15.
Do you still have it by any chance?

I need the one with 'Debbie from Cambridge' in Readers Wives. Think it was about '82.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by bustedflush »

NewPostieUK wrote:
bustedflush wrote:The only Fiesta I ever owned was hidden under my mattress when I was 15.
Do you still have it by any chance?

I need the one with 'Debbie from Cambridge' in Readers Wives. Think it was about '82.
I will look in the loft. Hang on, '82 you say? I may have moved on to 'Listen With Rustler' by then, with the floppy 7" single soundtrack you used to get in the magazine.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by fishtank »

bustedflush wrote:.... floppy 7" single
Not the best profile description I've seen on fishdating.com, not the worst either though.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by Newbie001 »

Nondescript wrote:
Mr Incognito wrote:1 day down, only 119 to go!
I'm out of the running already, that vomit inducing bug takes no prisoners :silenced
Very rarely take sick day, been quite lucky. Tempted to take one just to show I'm not interested their competition con.
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by Gold Fox »

I have not had a day off for the last 29 years, I am going for this car.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by bustedflush »

Gold Fox wrote:I have not had a day off for the last 29 years, I am going for this car.
I think every postie who's gone 25 years+ without a sick day should get something to the tune of that Fiesta value anyway. That's fantastic. I bet there aren't many, would work out about £7 for every week of service. :Very Happy