I'm no union fanboy. Locally there are the usual problems like others have described - selfishness, laziness, people just abusing the system for their own interests.
However, whenever I see an amazon or yodel guy come out (with that manic exhausted look I've seen too many times on the new starters at work) and deliver to my street at 7pm with over 30 drops still on board I remember why I'm paying those subs. We could all be forced to be in that situation too otherwise.
Maybe we will all finally end up that way in any case, but I'm sure we would be there already by now if we were without a union.
As said above, it's not much a week in comparison to some household expenses. Personally I'd sooner forego a sneaky stop at the chippy than stop my subs.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
3.56 per week
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
3.56 per week
Grass roots reps are mostly great any readers of this forum should join the union asap. If we let the numbers slip senior management will see it as a sign of weakness and attack our terms and conditions big time. Sick pay will be high on their list.