ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by ScousePostie »

Acca Dacca wrote:*Pro-Rata vehicle for PT winners
Just the wheels*

*not including steering wheel.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by rubberbond »

All this will do is encourage people who feel unwell ,for example ,with diarrhoea,or a viral infection,to,come in under some illusory proposal,to win a car,when all they are going to do is spread their horrible viruses round the office. I agree with the post that says if you're ill, you're ill. Perhaps they should examine the reasons why sickness levels are so high,there are a whole myriad of reasons, all self inflicted by management,or lack thereof, more accurately,which probably don't need to be explained.
What are the chances if winnng the thing anyway?
Last edited by rubberbond on 20 Dec 2016, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by rubberbond »

bustedflush wrote:Remember the Courier iPad quiz back in Nov/December 2014? (IIRC) There was small van/driving safety quiz which I entered and prizes were one of 6 iPads. I religiously checked the Courier thereafter and the results NEVER appeared. No winners ever announced. I did actually mention it on here about a year later. So the availability of these 'prizes' has about as much believability with me as if you told me you found a pile of reindeer crap on your landing Christmas morning. :sad:
No-one takes the Courier seriously,do they?
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by rubberbond »

[quote="rubberbond"]All this will do is encourage people who feel unwell ,for example ,with diarrhoea,or a viral infection,to,come in under some illusory proposal,to win a car,when all they are going to do is spread their horrible viruses round the office. I agree with the post that says if you're ill, you're ill. Perhaps they should examine the reasons why sickness levels are so high,there are a whole myriad of reasons, all self inflicted by management,or lack thereof, more accurately,which probably don't need to be explained.
What are the chances if winnng the thing anyway? I've probably got more chance of becoming the next pope. I suddenly feel ill..
dazg
Posts: 43
Joined: 05 Jan 2014, 02:12
Gender: Male
Location: LL area

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by dazg »

So I take it AG workers arent included. Full timers only ?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Edward Hunter
Posts: 680
Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by Edward Hunter »

raymod wrote:I actually found this pretty insulting 12 years at royal mail not a single day sick and nothing from the company to show for it
I'm pretty sure four months should be pretty easy
congrats on your good fortune of not being ill. Its easy to not go sick when you are not ill or injured. You shouldnt gloat because you have been lucky. That can change in an instant. lol
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by postslippete »

Royal Mail are missing the point

If they had bothered to do any research they would have found that most staff absence from work are probably due to "real" reasons, rather than an individual's decision to avoid work. I also believe that rewarding staff for not taking sick leave could be counter-productive as it may encourage people to attend work when they are not well. And that is not good for both staff and the business. It is also penalising those who are genuinely ill.

Most employees respond better to a flexible and caring work environment.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by Chewster »

I've never taken a sick day my whole working life, but I don't really want a shitty fiesta...

I can see RM's reasoning behind this, there are a LOT of people who are "ill" at this time of year, particularly between Christmas and New Year, and immediately after New Year. But it is unfair to those who have genuine health concerns. Unless of course they also don't want this Fiesta which is a rare example of a car that will feel slower than the Peugeot Partners :left:
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by wacko74 »

I don't even think sickness levels are that high in RM, especially considering the physically demanding nature of the job in delivery... I know people in all sorts of other industries and lines of work and they all seem to go off sick at the drop of hat and consider it normal, where as everyday in RM I see colleagues struggling to come in with all manner of illness and injury.
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by Tman »

Great, just what we all need. Another reason for the pious "I don't go sick...it's only a cold..etc etc" twats not to go sick, but come to work spreading germs around to others who then take it home to the kids or susceptible relatives.
All the "who wants a shitty Fiesta" comments are great though.....as if anyone would turn down a new car of any make. :roll:
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by General Mannerheim »

wacko74 wrote:I don't even think sickness levels are that high in RM, especially considering the physically demanding nature of the job in delivery... I know people in all sorts of other industries and lines of work and they all seem to go off sick at the drop of hat and consider it normal, where as everyday in RM I see colleagues struggling to come in with all manner of illness and injury.
Loads always off in our craphole.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by Surreypostie »

If I am ill then depending on what is wrong with me I shall be off. This is the worst job for harassing people who are off. I know people who work for other firms, they turn up for work ill and get told to go home. In my office, if you dropped dead they would be asking, you can still go out on delivery yeah?
bergos
Posts: 34
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 18:44
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by bergos »

A one in however many tens of thousands chance of winning a car, or pull a sicky and have a week off with a full weeks pay as my prize...

Wasn't thinking of taking any time off but as incentives go, This is pretty terrible.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by greengiant »

Chewster wrote:I've never taken a sick day my whole working life, but I don't really want a shitty fiesta...

I can see RM's reasoning behind this, there are a LOT of people who are "ill" at this time of year, particularly between Christmas and New Year, and immediately after New Year. But it is unfair to those who have genuine health concerns. Unless of course they also don't want this Fiesta which is a rare example of a car that will feel slower than the Peugeot Partners :left:
Could have been worse, RM could have offered a Peugeot Bipper mpv in Royal Mail Red! :crazy:
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

It's back! Win a car if you have 100% attendance!

Post by Chewster »

Loads always off sick in our office too. Especially in the days between Christmas and New Year... :hmmmm
Tman wrote:Great, just what we all need. Another reason for the pious "I don't go sick...it's only a cold..etc etc" twats not to go sick, but come to work spreading germs around to others who then take it home to the kids or susceptible relatives.
All the "who wants a shitty Fiesta" comments are great though.....as if anyone would turn down a new car of any make. :roll:
I wouldn't turn it down if I won but it'd be going straight on gumtree :dance