ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

"My Christmas is ruined" - Postman suffers "horrific" injury cycling in Gravesend

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

"My Christmas is ruined" - Postman suffers "horrific" injury cycling in Gravesend

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.gravesendreporter.co.uk/news ... _1_4822199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Image
Postman Indy Tihar broke his arm in two places when a dog ran out on him while he was cycling.

A dog ran out on the cyclist last week, can you help?

Image
Andy Tihar described the X-Ray of the clean break in his left arm as 'X-Rated'
A father-of-two’s Christmas has been dealt a heavy blow after coming off his bike last week.

Keen cyclist Indy Tihar was riding his bike along the cycle path near Hever Court Road on Monday last week, when a dog bolted out in front of him on the cycle route where Hever Court Road and Watling Street meet.

The dog, believed to be a labrador or golden retriever, was not on a leash and the owner was nowhere to be seen.

Mr Tihar explained: “I was cycling toward the Cyclo Park at around 7.50am, when I started going down the cycle route

“As I went down, a dog came out from my left side, by the time I saw it, it was too late. I’ve hit the dog and it’s ran back up the bank to it’s owner.

“If I had used my brakes I would’ve flown over the handlebars.

“I came off the bike at up to 25 miles per hour.”

Mr Tihar broke his left arm in two places, a passing schoolboy helped him phone an ambulance.

His injury has put him out of work for the next six weeks.

The postman said: “When I got to hospital, well, you could say the X-Ray was X-Rated, staff at the hospital told me it was horrific.

“My Christmas is ruined and my New Years is ruined, my kids are asking if we can do things and I can’t.”

Following the horrific injury, which the Swanscombe resident likened to footballer Eduardo da Silva’s infamous leg break in 2008, Mr Tihar has appealed for the dog’s owner to come forward.

He said: “I’ve left flyers around where it happened, I just want someone to come forward.

“If they’re honourable and apologise, then I can move on.

“They’re probably none the wiser, because they couldn’t see the accident over the bank, but their dog could have been hurt because of the speed I was going at when we collided.”

Mr Tihar expressed his gratitude to the schoolboy who stopped to help him.

Can you help? Email luke.may@archant.co.uk.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

"My Christmas is ruined" - Postman suffers "horrific" injury cycling in Gravesend

Post by DB1100 »

Its a broken arm FFs,how has that ruined Christmas?,it's not like him or any of his family have been told they have a terminal illness god forbid.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

"My Christmas is ruined" - Postman suffers "horrific" injury cycling in Gravesend

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DB1100 wrote:Its a broken arm FFs,how has that ruined Christmas?,it's not like him or any of his family have been told they have a terminal illness god forbid.
But he was going to spend all Christmas looking forward to winning a car for his 100% attendance record and then he wouldn't need to cycle anywhere near any dogs ever again. :Very Happy
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

"My Christmas is ruined" - Postman suffers "horrific" injury cycling in Gravesend

Post by Mobey »

Is this likely to be a fatal injury? Is he severely paralysed? I'm sorry but I can't see how your Christmas is ruined... :no no
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

"My Christmas is ruined" - Postman suffers "horrific" injury cycling in Gravesend

Post by wannabeek »

I think that's what someone would say if they were hoping to be able to put in a compensation claim for all the emotional stress of a ruined xmas. Having to get someone to cut your roast meat on your plate; unable to unwrap those tricky parcels with one hand; maybe someone will have to roll the dice for him at monopoly. I hope I'm wrong, but that just stinks of compo claim to me.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

"My Christmas is ruined" - Postman suffers "horrific" injury cycling in Gravesend

Post by Lounge Lizard »

wannabeek wrote:I think that's what someone would say if they were hoping to be able to put in a compensation claim for all the emotional stress of a ruined xmas. Having to get someone to cut your roast meat on your plate; unable to unwrap those tricky parcels with one hand; maybe someone will have to roll the dice for him at monopoly. I hope I'm wrong, but that just stinks of compo claim to me.
But his admission "I’ve hit the dog" might result in a counter claim from the dog's owner. :Applause
while his admission that "their dog could have been hurt because of the speed I was going at when we collided" is tantamount to an admission of cycling at excessive speed. :speak to the hand
.”