ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

3.56 per week

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

3.56 per week

Post by Dorset Plodder »

DB1100 wrote:We have a very good rep,trouble is he is besieged by idiots with stupid problems who think that the rep is some sort of miracle worker,we had one person who wanted to put a grievance in about the price of a snickers bar in the vending machine,another one who wanted to opt out of delivering pizza leaflets because she was a veggie.
You beat me to it DB! Our Unit Rep is pretty ineffective..... apart from when it effects his duty, then he's shite hot! All I'll say is... THANK GOD FOR ROYAL MAIL CHAT :Applause The information & advice given on here is priceless. I know a lot of us come on here for a good whinge & a moan, but the advice that slips in between the moans helps us all in our daily struggle against Royal Mail Management! :Applause

I'd stand for Unit Rep but I'd never be able to handle the petty whinging from many Posties... like someone keeps using MY parking space..... I get Dog Shite on my LWT wheels RM should do something about it..... I don't like the Radio station they play etc etc :crazy: With the help of RM Chat I feel confident of fighting my own battles, any bigger problems I go straight to the Area Delivery Rep (who does a decent job.. credit due). :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

3.56 per week

Post by aiden01 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
DB1100 wrote:We have a very good rep,trouble is he is besieged by idiots with stupid problems who think that the rep is some sort of miracle worker,we had one person who wanted to put a grievance in about the price of a snickers bar in the vending machine,another one who wanted to opt out of delivering pizza leaflets because she was a veggie.
You beat me to it DB! Our Unit Rep is pretty ineffective..... apart from when it effects his duty, then he's shite hot! All I'll say is... THANK GOD FOR ROYAL MAIL CHAT :Applause The information & advice given on here is priceless. I know a lot of us come on here for a good whinge & a moan, but the advice that slips in between the moans helps us all in our daily struggle against Royal Mail Management! :Applause

I'd stand for Unit Rep but I'd never be able to handle the petty whinging from many Posties... like someone keeps using MY parking space..... I get Dog Shite on my LWT wheels RM should do something about it..... I don't like the Radio station they play etc etc :crazy: With the help of RM Chat I feel confident of fighting my own battles, any bigger problems I go straight to the Area Delivery Rep (who does a decent job.. credit due). :thumbup
even are area rep doesnt believe members half the time have tried to convince them only time you will really hear what's happening in RM is to get on this site :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
westham000
Posts: 106
Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
Gender: Male

3.56 per week

Post by westham000 »

The CWU are worth every penny, and more. When I retire I will continue to pay and be a member at a reduced rate.
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

3.56 per week

Post by nickbsmooth »

Union wants me to pay the same rate as the full-timers,the union has done nothing to protect full time jobs in our office,so no thanks
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

3.56 per week

Post by Martin Walsh »

I think there are some people who think there is an employer who some how bullies in the work place , treat out members disgracefully and than some how thing that The very same bullying managers do not attack our working conditions you want to wake up !

The union does not have a veto to change ! But it is the only voice in opposition and the only group to stop change.

Do you not realise if unions did not exist than the following would not !

Unions created a weekend offf ! Prior to this it was 7 days working

Unions created sick pay

Unions created paid holidays and holiday pay

Unions created pensions

The CWU created death in service ,shift payment , 6 months Sick pay , reserved rights payments , night allowance and a range of other safeguards.

You really think all what you safeguard has been given by Royal Mail ? If you do you know nothing.

The only thing which stands between you and the same conditions as Amazon , Sports Direct and JD sports is the CWU.

By all means forgo your £3.56 and become a. Freeloader but let's be clear with every non member the union and your conditions become more under threat !

By not being a member you still suffer the pension changes the reduction in jobs the attack on pay and your conditions the only difference is you cannot do anything about it as you don't pay £3.56 you have surrendered ! Enough said
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

3.56 per week

Post by nickbsmooth »

I'd consider joining even though I have no cause to,if the payments were pro rata but they're not. I don't see why I should pay same as someone earning £4k a year more than me.
Everything else is done pro rata
FelicityRae
Posts: 27
Joined: 17 Dec 2016, 12:13
Gender: Female

3.56 per week

Post by FelicityRae »

It is pro rata.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

3.56 per week

Post by aiden01 »

nickbsmooth wrote:I'd consider joining even though I have no cause to,if the payments were pro rata but they're not. I don't see why I should pay same as someone earning £4k a year more than me.
Everything else is done pro rata
well if your not in union dont complain if you ever need advice about anything rm related also if you are pt i think its less than 30 hrs you only bout £1-60 weekly
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

3.56 per week

Post by nickbsmooth »

I'm on 32hrs which isn't FT so why should I pay same as someone earning 20% more than me?
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

3.56 per week

Post by postslippete »

I agree on the principle of having Trade Unions in the workplace. They are there for the reasons like dingo has mentioned and there are a lot of advantages in having collective bargaining.


What annoys most CWU members is not the Union itself but that of selfish unit reps. A lot of them are just inadequate and are too busy looking after their own vested interests using the newfound knowledge that they have gained. I remember a union rep at our office years ago who managed to get on a full-time duty when we all on part-time contracts, for example. I don't even know the half of what our office has agreed to, and until someone makes the Area rep aware of what is going on, even they don't seem to know either!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

3.56 per week

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I remember the last time we went out on strike I told the Non-Union Members that they wouldn't be getting any pay rise, because the weren't in the Union that was fighting for it! That put the cat among the Pigeons for a while. :dance

The stupid buggers don't know the half of it. I find it ironic that some people will get upset about paying £3.56 to be a Union Member, while quite happily paying SKY over £100 a month just to watch the Telly! :crazy:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

3.56 per week

Post by fishtank »

The fact that it's obviously better to be in the union than not should never be an excuse for a union or its members to become lazy and complacent, we as members should always be pushing the union to improve both its services to its membership and the terms and conditions it is served with protecting. In return we should always support our colleagues when called to do so.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

3.56 per week

Post by Martin Walsh »

Let's hope all those who enjoy their bonus recognise both were negotiated by the CWU. The bonus payment was not some generous good spirit from Royal Mail they were achieved through negotiations. The first was the old IWM bonus and the second the resolution from the colleague share fiasco.

Hell what does the union do for us ???
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

3.56 per week

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

3.56 per week

Post by DB1100 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I remember the last time we went out on strike I told the Non-Union Members that they wouldn't be getting any pay rise, because the weren't in the Union that was fighting for it! That put the cat among the Pigeons for a while. :dance

The stupid buggers don't know the half of it. I find it ironic that some people will get upset about paying £3.56 to be a Union Member, while quite happily paying SKY over £100 a month just to watch the Telly! :crazy:
:thumbup ,and most of it is crap anyhow.
For we were soldiers once,and young