That's very Big of you DD.Darwinsdad wrote:
Some people get mega stressed about tips. I believe I get paid to deliver the mail...No Tips....No Problem.... I won't kiss someones ass all year just in case they give me a tip, if they do that's nice
My feelings exactly. Any tips I get are split into two envelopes. One envelope goes to my postie the first working day back after Xmas, the other goes to the local hospice.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas tips
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
WHO tells you to hand your tips in? My 1st reaction would be to tell them to f**k OFF!robbertwhitton wrote:Am expected to hand all my tips in from my rural delivery about £1200 and have it shared out with my "colleagues " who mess my round up!! And I get £350 back? Mmmm your welcome!!!
Fair Enough share a bit with your Day Off cover (I would suggest 16% per day of cover), and I always bung the PHG/Locker Man a bit. Apart from that the rest can move away in short jerky movements!
Please do tell as I've NEVER heard of this kind of thing before!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
I used to work with a guy who printed "Merry Christmas from your Postman Alan" on all his 739s with a rubber stamp (not quite as bad as a card I'll give you). He was told he shouldn't do it as it was basically asking for a Tip, and could be construed as begging!rubberbond wrote:One or two do that in our office,I think it's a bit like grovelling really. However ,if Yeats your thing,then fair enough,each to their own.weary_posty wrote:Lad in our office writes out 600 Christmas cards and sticks them in with his D2Ds at the start of the month.
It's fair to say he does pretty well one the tips front
Nowadays I work with a women that does give everyone a card. I would suggest the same applies? I hope she's a lot more friendly once she gets out on her round because she's a miserable cow in the office!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
zombiepostman
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 17 Apr 2014, 18:13
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
Just thought i would get back to you as there seems to be some bitter postman out there .i have plenty of long drives and i go over my time every day and i only say hello how are you if i see any customers,as for tips if i get them fine if i don't i couldn't really care,i think there is no easy job as a postman anywhere i.e three times in the last month i have came into work after my rest day (which i take through ill health)and found 1, two days mail to deliver 2, half a round not delivered 3, 2 sacks of packets not delivered making a total of seven.
you think this is an easy job?
We fail nearly every day but no one seems to care.three rounds are sometimes left on the bench,which a year ago would have been unheard of.as for bullshit leave it out
you think this is an easy job?
We fail nearly every day but no one seems to care.three rounds are sometimes left on the bench,which a year ago would have been unheard of.as for bullshit leave it out
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
Yeah there's definitely a lot more failures this christmas than last. We've had failures every day so far this month, a lorry turning up unexpectedly after everyone has gone out on their round.
As for tips, I'm not fussed. I got 200 quid last year which was a lovely bonus, however I'm partial to the folks who give me a box of chocolates or a bottle of beer, gives me something to look forward to after tea lol. On a different round this year where there's not many tips but I can't say I'm fussed. However there is one house who leaves a crate of beer out for the binmen but nothing for the posties
As for tips, I'm not fussed. I got 200 quid last year which was a lovely bonus, however I'm partial to the folks who give me a box of chocolates or a bottle of beer, gives me something to look forward to after tea lol. On a different round this year where there's not many tips but I can't say I'm fussed. However there is one house who leaves a crate of beer out for the binmen but nothing for the posties
-
Darwinsdad
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
If I had one of them through my letterbox I'd be thinking to myself, "cheers Alan and Merry Christmas to you too", as I was standing in the rain and cold outside the callers office along with the 30+ people in front of me, waiting to be served/abused by the one desk attendant who hasn't had their Valium that day, hoping that my parcel could actually be foundDorset Plodder wrote:
I used to work with a guy who printed "Merry Christmas from your Postman Alan" on all his 739s with a rubber stamp (not quite as bad as a card I'll give you). He was told he shouldn't do it as it was basically asking for a Tip, and could be construed as begging!![]()
Nowadays I work with a women that does give everyone a card. I would suggest the same applies? I hope she's a lot more friendly once she gets out on her round because she's a miserable cow in the office!
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
Only had a fiver so far. From a lovely little old lady living on an estate. With the money I bought her some chocolates and her dog some treats. Cost me six quid! Soft sod I know.
-
Zade77
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 29 Oct 2013, 17:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: East Sussex
Christmas tips
need to be careful with writing cards, think you could get done if you get found sending them to all your customers..
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
Ha HaDarwinsdad wrote:Dorset Plodder wrote:
I used to work with a guy who printed "Merry Christmas from your Postman Alan" on all his 739s with a rubber stamp (not quite as bad as a card I'll give you). He was told he shouldn't do it as it was basically asking for a Tip, and could be construed as begging!![]()
If I had one of them through my letterbox I'd be thinking to myself, "cheers Alan and Merry Christmas to you too", as I was standing in the rain and cold outside the callers office along with the 30+ people in front of me, waiting to be served/abused by the one desk attendant who hasn't had their Valium that day, hoping that my parcel could actually be found
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
If anyone covering my walk gets a tip then good for them. Personally I'm not arsed how much or little I get. I don't often have time nor the inclination to pay much attention to customers or go out of my way for them...I'd sooner get finished on time and pick up the kids from school or get home on a Saturday and spend a bit of quality time with the family.
-
ripio
- Posts: 233
- Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
Shouldn't he be paying for stamps for this mail that he is feeding into the system?weary_posty wrote:Lad in our office writes out 600 Christmas cards and sticks them in with his D2Ds at the start of the month.
It's fair to say he does pretty well one the tips front
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
If my cover gets given tips he can keep them, I wouldn't expect him to hand them over to me.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Christmas tips
2 abusive in context posts deleted in accordance with the rules.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
stephen5708
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 01 May 2013, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
I'm on a reserve duty and do different walk every day or so, if a customer asks me if I'm the regular I say no. I know of one reserve in my office who takes a tip when it's not meant for them, that's unacceptable in my opinion.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
Like I said Tips are a can of worms. In this instance I'd have done the same, although it's slightly galling that customers don't actually know who their Regular Postie is. An exception would be if a customer came out and said, "Here's a Christmas Tip for you Postie". Although I did once have the Regular Postie have a go at me in the Office, "Old Granny Smith gave you a tip the other day...AND IT WAS FOR ME"! I took a Tenner out of my wallet and threw it at him (he'd not given me ANY share of his tips that year) and said, "You obviously need the money more than I do Merry Christmas Asshole"!stephen5708 wrote:I'm on a reserve duty and do different walk every day or so, if a customer asks me if I'm the regular I say no. I know of one reserve in my office who takes a tip when it's not meant for them, that's unacceptable in my opinion.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)