ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

In praise of Royal Mail extended Delivery Office opening hours

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

In praise of Royal Mail extended Delivery Office opening hours

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://tamebay.com/2016/12/in-praise-of ... hours.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Like many online shoppers, I’m no stranger to my local Royal Mail Delivery Office, the local sorting office, call it what you will. If I miss my postie then I end up strolling to the Hove depot with my card and ID to collect my missed delivery from Royal Mail.

It’s no particular hardship but I do often grumble that there’s only one day a week (Wednesday) when the Hove depot is open after 2:30pm. And often on a Saturday lunchtime there is a queue snaking out of the door as people come to collect their missed parcels for the week. (It’s even worse at the Brighton depot.)

So it was a joy, and novelty, to be able to collect my parcel last week on a Sunday. A SUNDAY! And there are greatly extended collection times available for Christmas during the week too.

Needless to say, I spoke to the lady behind the jump and asked how it was going and she cheerfully said the extended times were “extremely popular.” I asked a fellow shopper what he thought and he called it “very convenient.”

Obviously this is a Christmas trial aimed at relieving peak pressure, but hopefully we can see extended collection times at Royal Mail Delivery Offices throughout the year.

This is the age of Click & Collect, Sunday deliveries by couriers, defined 15 minute slots and even delivery within the hour. Greatly increased opening hours from Royal Mail shouldn’t be seen as a novelty but the norm. Bring it on!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

In praise of Royal Mail extended Delivery Office opening hours

Post by woody38 »

I work in a callers RM definitely need to review the opening hours