ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Xmas bonus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Zade77
Posts: 29
Joined: 29 Oct 2013, 17:49
Gender: Male
Location: East Sussex

Xmas bonus

Post by Zade77 »

Theghost wrote:
Zade77 wrote:Pretty sure it's just one lot of £100, that is what we got last year..
Then you need to look at your payslip again because all full time employees got £100 + £100
you are right.. dont remember getting it last year though, but found the agreement from 2012 here is part of it..

• The new incentive arrangements will include, as a minimum, an ongoing payment of £100 per year for each full time employee (pro rata part time), with the potential for additional payments linked to performance.

• In June 2012, each Royal Mail Group employee will receive the initial lead in £100 bonus payment (pro rata part time). This is also linked to current business performance.

• From 2013 onwards, for the Royal Mail OPG grade, the underpinning £100 will be paid as an additional and ongoing increase to the existing Christmas bonus. For all other Royal Mail Grades and Parcelforce Worldwide employees, the principle of the ongoing £100 payment is secured and will be paid in either December of each year, or through other tailored arrangements if both parties agree.

• Royal Mail Group has confirmed that these new arrangements do not replace any existing productivity schemes or monies arising from those schemes.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by Chewster »

I got £100 last year (£50 + £50) while on a 20 hour contract. On a 25 hour one now, wonder if I'll have enough to get a freddo on top of the £100 this year :hmmmm
sachawilson
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Oct 2015, 16:26
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by sachawilson »

I'm on a 25hrs per week contract but have been made up to the full 39 hours during the Christmas period. Will I therefore receive the full £100 xmas bonus payment for being full time during the xmas period but the second part of the bonus - the Incentive underpin payment is still paid pro-rata based on my normal 25hrs pw contract? Therefore I should receive a total of £164.10 (£100 for the Xmas Bonus part + £64.10 for the incentive underpin payment part? Otherwise if I stayed on my normal hours - 25pw, would I just receive both parts of the xmas bonus pro-rata £64.10 + £64.10 = £128.20?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by aiden01 »

sachawilson wrote:I'm on a 25hrs per week contract but have been made up to the full 39 hours during the Christmas period. Will I therefore receive the full £100 xmas bonus payment for being full time during the xmas period but the second part of the bonus - the Incentive underpin payment is still paid pro-rata based on my normal 25hrs pw contract? Therefore I should receive a total of £164.10 (£100 for the Xmas Bonus part + £64.10 for the incentive underpin payment part? Otherwise if I stayed on my normal hours - 25pw, would I just receive both parts of the xmas bonus pro-rata £64.10 + £64.10 = £128.20?
You will be paid full bonus if doing full time hrs during Christmas period.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by Newbie001 »

Was told one of the bonus payments was based on hours done in the 4 weeks up till Christmas. So if you work 156 hrs or more you'll get full amount. The other one is if you get made up to 39 hr for at least 2 weeks you'll get full amount.
Or they could have just been talking bollocks.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Xmas bonus

Post by Darren Bent »

so can you earn extra bonus if you exceed 40 hours ie work on floating week ?