Yes the exit sign when you walk out the door at the end of your duty???woopesh wrote:Can anyone name a piece of quality equipment in use in Royal Mail?
I can't think of a single thing, from uniform to PDA's, to pens, rubber bands and vans all crap.
The HCT trolleys are especially dire... crap locks and lids that break, tyres that fall off the rims if you go down the kerb wrong, unbalanced design that tips over backwards if only the back half is loaded, brakes that give up downhill on heavy days.
I'm trying to think... can anyone think of a decent bit of equipment, no matter how small?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
All equipment etc looks fine in the pics in the courier ! But that's nothing new,its worlds apart from reality as to what really goes on
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
It's like an episode of the keystone cops we pull up crawl out,open the doors and everything just spills outwoopesh wrote:Yeah they are a complete joke. Last time I did a van share in a Vauxhall combi, it was a heavy day and the van was almost rammed to the top with bags and parcels. It was a nightmare trying to find anything because everything became jumbled up as we drove. Honestly I think we wasted 30mins unloading and reloading bags and rummaging through them. US mail vans have seperated compartments in the back to stop this sort of scenario.DB1100 wrote:No,vast majority of our vans are vauxhall combi's which are too small,nearly impossible to get out of if parked next to a high kerb and likewise very difficult to work out of the side door alongside a high kerb,LWT wheels are hard to wipe dog s**t off because of the design,uniform mostly gash,however the belt is ok.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
I'd stop moaning, it's rumoured these are coming back, complete with 'Please ensure the handbrake is applied before leaving the vehicle' soundbite installed....
Although the DIM was trying to speed-up the Christmas packets with these to stop people extending.....
Although the DIM was trying to speed-up the Christmas packets with these to stop people extending.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
Our managers have no complaints with the coffee machine 
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
I'd like to know how the hell you get hold of RM pens!!! Never seen one (apart from one I got on the induction groupthink session if I remember)woopesh wrote:Can anyone name a piece of quality equipment in use in Royal Mail?
I can't think of a single thing, from uniform to PDA's, to pens, rubber bands and vans all crap.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
The pens available are the cheapest possible bulk order variety. I was given 2 brand new ones out of the box one once. One of them exploded in my shirt chest pocket 4 hours later, the other dried up and stopped working the next day. You're missing nothing if you've never seen an RM pen!
I ask for one now if I need one to sign in but leave it at the board, as they are so useless. If you are desperate then it's usually possible to get a free biro at a bank or garage if you ask nicely!
I ask for one now if I need one to sign in but leave it at the board, as they are so useless. If you are desperate then it's usually possible to get a free biro at a bank or garage if you ask nicely!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
amateurbustedflush wrote:I'd stop moaning, it's rumoured these are coming back, complete with 'Please ensure the handbrake is applied before leaving the vehicle' soundbite installed....
Although the DIM was trying to speed-up the Christmas packets with these to stop people extending.....
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
Love it!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:amateurbustedflush wrote:I'd stop moaning, it's rumoured these are coming back, complete with 'Please ensure the handbrake is applied before leaving the vehicle' soundbite installed....
Although the DIM was trying to speed-up the Christmas packets with these to stop people extending.....
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
You just wait until they're a week* old and the DPF starts giving you grief and things start falling off itShaders wrote:Our vans are fine thanks, nice new fleet. Peugeot not my first choice of car but I'm more than happy to have it as a works vehicle.
* maybe a bit more than a week
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
On his way to do the final special at 12.55pm
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
There are certainly plenty of "tools" at work in Royal Mail
Like those that don't bring a pen. I mean c'mon how much are a few cheap biro's?? Most of our vans have yet to reach 10,000 miles but some of them look well lived in with crisp packets, choccie wrappers and empty bottles. The HCT are still sturdy and very secure IMO.
However, the lassie band shortage is quite worrying. But then again, some "tools" throw them away and expect someone else to pick up their mess.
Like those that don't bring a pen. I mean c'mon how much are a few cheap biro's?? Most of our vans have yet to reach 10,000 miles but some of them look well lived in with crisp packets, choccie wrappers and empty bottles. The HCT are still sturdy and very secure IMO.
However, the lassie band shortage is quite worrying. But then again, some "tools" throw them away and expect someone else to pick up their mess.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
Priceless!!!!!WOBBLY wrote:On his way to do the final special at 12.55pm![]()
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
True story...
A while back I was watching an episode of a certain property programme, one of the guests was a girl in her early 20's who was quite clearly (sorry I can't put it any more diplomatically) a bit of an air head, she'd bought a very expensive flat in a hip n trendy area of London and was planning on spending a huge amount refurbishing it, I was only thinking to myself how does this very young and rather dim girl afford to do this?...when the presenter asked her what she did for a living?...
Her reply... "I work in procurement for Royal Mail"
A while back I was watching an episode of a certain property programme, one of the guests was a girl in her early 20's who was quite clearly (sorry I can't put it any more diplomatically) a bit of an air head, she'd bought a very expensive flat in a hip n trendy area of London and was planning on spending a huge amount refurbishing it, I was only thinking to myself how does this very young and rather dim girl afford to do this?...when the presenter asked her what she did for a living?...
Her reply... "I work in procurement for Royal Mail"
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Quality equipment, does it exist at Royal Mail?
The address box needs to be white not clear so you can write on them if the re direction stickers run out. Yet another thing they didn't think through properly.fb1969 wrote:The redirection and damage bags aren't too bad, apart from them the equipment is pretty poor/crap/useless/cheap/unsuitable.