ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New PDA Faults!
-
DICK43
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:58
- Gender: Male
New PDA Faults!
You come to one with a crumpled barcode, shoot it, beep, 6 is not a valid barcode, shoot again, double beep, yes, oh, nothing on the screen, they are right doing my head in, I keep mine in my pocket, it`s in and out of there constantly and now you have to shoot every parcel twice to get it to register!, where is the extra time coming from for all this messing about?.. 
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
New PDA Faults!
My latest bug with the PDA is when you hit confirm and it does nothing.
So I have to press standby button a few times to wake it up.
Another issue ive had is when you've logged on etc go to use it ,and the PDA has logged me out.
It crashes alot and if you've got no signal you can't log on at all. I sometimes get Android is not working usually this is a warning it's gonna just throw me out.
One thing I'm impressed with is their physical strength, mines been dropped down stairs ,bounced off all manor of things and it's yet to break.
So I have to press standby button a few times to wake it up.
Another issue ive had is when you've logged on etc go to use it ,and the PDA has logged me out.
It crashes alot and if you've got no signal you can't log on at all. I sometimes get Android is not working usually this is a warning it's gonna just throw me out.
One thing I'm impressed with is their physical strength, mines been dropped down stairs ,bounced off all manor of things and it's yet to break.
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
New PDA Faults!
Definitley agree that they're slowing down. They seemed so rapid when we firt got them compared to the last brick.
Left mine on the roof of the van last week. Only noticed at the start of the other loop
That would have been an awkwad phone call back to the office if i couldn't find it.
Left mine on the roof of the van last week. Only noticed at the start of the other loop
That would have been an awkwad phone call back to the office if i couldn't find it.