ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Streaming mail

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
ddtc
Posts: 253
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 19:42
Gender: Male

Streaming mail

Post by ddtc »

Past days have been quite something, high sickness, walks failing etc.

I was talking to a colleague of mine and he said he was told to take first class mail etc only few days ago as it was a horrendous day.

I told him no you shouldn't and you should take it all out as its against RM's rules.

I have been told to do this a couple years ago also, but I just took everything out and brought back stuff I couldnt complete. Dom just had a go saying why I took everything out, but I could care less what comes out their mouth.

Whats the unions stance on this taking account that our rep seems to think its OK? Do I go behind his back and inform someone about it in the union?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Streaming mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=49594" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 3&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; both old threads but both still valid
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Streaming mail

Post by worktotime »

ddtc wrote:Past days have been quite something, high sickness, walks failing etc.

I was talking to a colleague of mine and he said he was told to take first class mail etc only few days ago as it was a horrendous day.

I told him no you shouldn't and you should take it all out as its against RM's rules.

I have been told to do this a couple years ago also, but I just took everything out and brought back stuff I couldnt complete. Dom just had a go saying why I took everything out, but I could care less what comes out their mouth.

Whats the unions stance on this taking account that our rep seems to think its OK? Do I go behind his back and inform someone about it in the union?
don't bother with the cwu , just get a few of yer to email Moya and tell them whats going on and you can do it without giving names , tell them what office it is etc , take pics of the mail left in frames because once the mail is put in the frame it has to be delivered on that day and I can tell you the dom and dsm will get a right arse kicking from above because that's wilful delay on a massive scale on there behalf and I bet it wont happen again :thumbup
ddtc
Posts: 253
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 19:42
Gender: Male

Streaming mail

Post by ddtc »

Thanks, before trueblue posted a reply I sent an email to just say it. My office is a joke of a place right now and Xmas hasn't started. Doms already saying its all our fault even though it is obviously their fault. Won't go into detail but email sent and I will email some more to keep them updated.

Are we allowed to take pictures? I would definitely do this if it is alright.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Streaming mail

Post by worktotime »

ddtc wrote:Thanks, before trueblue posted a reply I sent an email to just say it. My office is a joke of a place right now and Xmas hasn't started. Doms already saying its all our fault even though it is obviously their fault. Won't go into detail but email sent and I will email some more to keep them updated.

Are we allowed to take pictures? I would definitely do this if it is alright.
good on yer , just keep the pics for yourself as proof that the mail wasn't stood down on ips which the dom will try and say and the mail was streamed whilst in the frame , good luck.