In a word YES tell them it is illegal and would you break the law some of these so called managers do and will as they are at best chancer's and think they will get away with it.SpongeBobPants wrote:Thank you for your replies. I've checked with my insurance company and I absolutely wouldn't be covered even going straight there.
I'm just fed up of it all tbh. The fact is that if I chose to not use my car to go there then that is my choice to make.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Using your own car
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Using your own car
-
Mustard73
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 17 Nov 2016, 20:21
- Gender: Female
Using your own car
I'm having the same problem, I often go to other offices and I am still waiting to be paid for petrol from August, I keep resubmitting my claim form and still haven't been paid. I have now told my manager that I won't use my car again, even when I have been paid. She has said that a van isn't always available so I told her I'm not covered on my insurance either but she doesn't seem to care.
-
bettyflo16
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 16 Sep 2015, 14:17
- Gender: Female
Using your own car
I am still waiting to be paid for petrol from August, I keep resubmitting my claim form and still haven't been paid. I have now told my manager that I won't use my car again, even when I have been paid. She has said that a van isn't always available so I told her I'm not covered on my insurance either but she doesn't seem to care.
Same for me. I use my car but luckily I have business cover on my insurance. My mileage hasn't been paid since June as the managers keep being moved around. You'd give your claim to one then not see him again for weeks. Eventually after advice on here, I put in a stage 1 grievance and attached copies of all the claims of the past 4 months.
Funny enough, the present manager has submitted the claim.
If your manager can't find a van she'll have to drop you off herself or better still, find you another local round. Stick to your guns or they'll walk all over you.
Good luck
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Using your own car
Best rule of thumb here for a lot of things is, if a manager tells you something is right when all other advice says it is wrong, then ask the manager to put it in writing - they won't, end of discussion
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Using your own car
Once again a sad state of affairs,with management who should know better flexing there muscles,stick to your guns rules are rules they should be adhered to,
-
Dazzler72
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 05 Feb 2020, 02:02
- Gender: Male
Using your own car
Been working with royal mail since November 2019 this week they've decided to start shoving me in different places today and yesterday I managed to get a van both days, but was told today I would have to get insurance and use my own car. Insurance and running costs isn't the issue with me. If I crash and write off my car I'd basically loose my car as insurance wouldn't cover the cost of the loan.
Is it still the case (2020) that if I have to work in different offices they have to give me a van?
Thanks in advance
Is it still the case (2020) that if I have to work in different offices they have to give me a van?
Thanks in advance
-
NorthernPostman
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 13 Mar 2018, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Using your own car
Dazzler72 wrote:Been working with royal mail since November 2019 this week they've decided to start shoving me in different places today and yesterday I managed to get a van both days, but was told today I would have to get insurance and use my own car. Insurance and running costs isn't the issue with me. If I crash and write off my car I'd basically loose my car as insurance wouldn't cover the cost of the loan.
Is it still the case (2020) that if I have to work in different offices they have to give me a van?
Thanks in advance
Still the case. Never use your own car to deliver mail. You and the manager can both get in major trouble
-
DICKIEG
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Using your own car
It's up to your manager or the other office to get you their, ie supply the bus fare or give you a lift. Just remember if you start at 8am in the morning, that is what time you turn up at your own office not the lending office. The same as make sure you are back at your own office for your finishing time, ie if you finish at 2pm then be back for that time
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Using your own car
never even go to a different office in your car if you aint got business insurance.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Using your own car
Seriously bad, get your rep and area rep on the case, the manager needs to be brought to task!Dazzler72 wrote:Been working with royal mail since November 2019 this week they've decided to start shoving me in different places today and yesterday I managed to get a van both days, but was told today I would have to get insurance and use my own car. Insurance and running costs isn't the issue with me. If I crash and write off my car I'd basically loose my car as insurance wouldn't cover the cost of the loan.
Is it still the case (2020) that if I have to work in different offices they have to give me a van?
Thanks in advance
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Using your own car
haha the manager will never admit it in front of a rep "we had a misunderstanding" will be the excuse.