ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal mail Footwear

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Royal mail Footwear

Post by DiamondSmiles »

aiden01 wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
Clared wrote:Does anyone else struggle with Footwear especially the walking boots ?
I'm fine with the Anvil type but soon has I put any boots on my feet they become very sore & blister.
Thinking of buying my own to wear but a colleague said I would need to get a doctor's note to wear them. I assume that means RM won't be liable if I have an accident wearing them. Does anyone wear their own footwear ?
I buy my own,because Royal Mail certainly won't look after my feet. I bought a pair of Hiax Boots ,they are brilliant,lightweight,hard wearing and comfortable,they have the best grip on wet surfaces of any boots I have ever worn. Yes they cost ,but as I say, Royal Mail won't look after my feet,so I must. I believe these boots are now issued to soldiers,so that's another recommendation for you. Oh and I don't have a note from my doctor, he is too busy to bother with Royal Mail bureaucratic stupidity.
You are losing out on £30 free from rm for suitable then :confused :sad: :crazy:
True, but some doctors charge you for a note, so maybe he/she thinks it's not worth the effort
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Royal mail Footwear

Post by rambo1 »

DiamondSmiles wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
Clared wrote:Does anyone else struggle with Footwear especially the walking boots ?
I'm fine with the Anvil type but soon has I put any boots on my feet they become very sore & blister.
Thinking of buying my own to wear but a colleague said I would need to get a doctor's note to wear them. I assume that means RM won't be liable if I have an accident wearing them. Does anyone wear their own footwear ?
I buy my own,because Royal Mail certainly won't look after my feet. I bought a pair of Hiax Boots ,they are brilliant,lightweight,hard wearing and comfortable,they have the best grip on wet surfaces of any boots I have ever worn. Yes they cost ,but as I say, Royal Mail won't look after my feet,so I must. I believe these boots are now issued to soldiers,so that's another recommendation for you. Oh and I don't have a note from my doctor, he is too busy to bother with Royal Mail bureaucratic stupidity.
Yes, I wear my own too now, a pair of Merrell trainers. They cost £95 and I REALLY had to push myself to buy them as I don't think it's right we should have to buy our own footwear. However the Royal Mail ones are a heap of poo and will do damage, maybe even permanent damage to my feet. I don't have a doctors note but I make sure the trainers are all black. Managers, in my office at least don't seem to notice/care.
I too share your views and buy my own merrel moabs. If you have a go outdoors shop, get a card for a fiver a yr and they price match any UK in stock shop, on line or otherwise AND give you 10% off that price too.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Royal mail Footwear

Post by Chewster »

I find the Magnum boots are alright, I quite like mine but they are too heavy for some people (especially if you get the steel toecaps like I did). I believe the police use Magnums so they can't be that bad
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Royal mail Footwear

Post by Clared »

Chewster wrote:I find the Magnum boots are alright, I quite like mine but they are too heavy for some people (especially if you get the steel toecaps like I did). I believe the police use Magnums so they can't be that bad
They rub on my toes giving me really bad blisters & yes I do where a thin pair of socks & a thick pair of boots socks with them but even that doesn't stop it
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Royal mail Footwear

Post by Chewster »

Clared wrote:
Chewster wrote:I find the Magnum boots are alright, I quite like mine but they are too heavy for some people (especially if you get the steel toecaps like I did). I believe the police use Magnums so they can't be that bad
They rub on my toes giving me really bad blisters & yes I do where a thin pair of socks & a thick pair of boots socks with them but even that doesn't stop it
My old uncle who's a builder always told me to wear boots a size too big to avoid that. I also have a set of orthotic insoles (cheap ones from Amazon) that really do help me. But perhaps they just don't agree with you, I personally don't get on particularly well with the trainers or hiking shoes and the like.

Sometimes if my feet are particularly sore (I've got flat feet and thus they do get really sore from time to time - in the wrong job lol) I switch to a pair of what would seem to be just completely unsuitable trainers - Vans, DCs, the like - for a couple of days and they sort me out. Of course they wouldn't last two months if I were to wear them every day with the amount of walking we do.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Royal mail Footwear

Post by postslippete »

Used to like the Anvils as they were the comfy 'trainer' shoes but since they have made the soles and heels really tough (probably because they only lasted about 3 months) I now find them completely unwearable. The YDS trainers are fab and they have lasted me at least 6 months. And even more surprisingly, the YDS are very waterproof so it looks like they are the ones for me.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
bettyflo16
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Sep 2015, 14:17
Gender: Female

Royal mail Footwear

Post by bettyflo16 »

postslippete wrote:Used to like the Anvils as they were the comfy 'trainer' shoes but since they have made the soles and heels really tough (probably because they only lasted about 3 months) I now find them completely unwearable. The YDS trainers are fab and they have lasted me at least 6 months. And even more surprisingly, the YDS are very waterproof so it looks like they are the ones for me.
I agree. I find the YDS really comfy, warm and waterproof. Orthotic soles fit really well in them. True that the heels start going after 6-ish months. Only had blisters once within my first weeks.
Linuxboxer
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 Aug 2017, 19:26
Gender: Male

Royal mail Footwear

Post by Linuxboxer »

Trying to walk in me Anvils.... They are comfortable but hell are they heavy.... My Merrells are half the weight and less clumsy. I reckon Frankenstein trialed them for RM. The Anvils are like wearing 2lb weight belts round ankles.
Jimbo2017
Posts: 33
Joined: 06 Aug 2017, 21:29
Gender: Male

....

Post by Jimbo2017 »

I don't exist
Last edited by Jimbo2017 on 02 Oct 2017, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
standanddeliver
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 20:30
Gender: Male
Location: Barnoldswick

Royal mail Footwear

Post by standanddeliver »

If there is anyone on here with big feet (11 1/2 or 12) Amazon have some Merrell Ridgepass Bolts in size eu48 for just over £30 (normally £90) I've just bought 2 pairs and they are wonderful :Very Happy They should just about take me up to retirement in 18 months............ :nana UPDATE - 20/08/17 They are now back up to £90 :sad: Anyway I hope some people managed to grab them at a bargain price..........
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Royal mail Footwear

Post by GT85 »

I've noticed on the RM uniform website that the new clown trainers have been replaced by Magnum Bandera waterproof trainers. Anyone have any feedback on these ?
We're all here because we're not all there
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Royal mail Footwear

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I can't wear RM footwear either. I submitted my claim for footwear reimbursement in May. Still waiting for payment to come through.......
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Royal mail Footwear

Post by aiden01 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:I can't wear RM footwear either. I submitted my claim for footwear reimbursement in May. Still waiting for payment to come through.......
re-submit your claim for payment always get paid mine within 10days
Chimps_tea_party
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 154
Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 22:33
Gender: Male

Royal mail Footwear

Post by Chimps_tea_party »

Having ordered and returned two pairs, the Magnums appear to have less toe room nowadays.
Retired ex- Royal Mail.
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Royal mail Footwear

Post by Clared »

GT85 wrote:I've noticed on the RM uniform website that the new clown trainers have been replaced by Magnum Bandera waterproof trainers. Anyone have any feedback on these ?
The clown shoes are summer shoes that's why they have replaced with the bandera ones. Just ordered a pair myself they are more of a trainer. Number of ppl at my office says they pretty good for comfort