ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tree crushes car in Torquay street during Storm Angus

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Tree crushes car in Torquay street during Storm Angus

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A POSTMAN from Torquay has been left to curse Storm Angus after his car was crushed by the falling limb of a tree.

Damian Collins, 51, only discovered that his Vauxhall Astra had been crushed by the tree on Rawlyn Road after his wife heard chainsaws outside.

The car was badly damaged in the incident which took place late on Saturday night.

Image

“The huge limb came straight down onto the roof of the car and crushed it," said Damian.

“I think it will have to be sold for scrap now which is a real shame.

“But at the end of the day it could have been a lot worse, at least no one got hurt."

Police attended the scene and asked Highways to assist with the clear up.

Image

It wasn't until the early hours of Sunday morning that Damian was alerted to the fate of his vehicle and the car is still in the road while he sorts out what to do with it.

He added: “Once I realised that there were a lots of people with chainsaws out by my car, I knew what must have happened.

“I even thought that maybe it wasn't such a good idea when I parked the car under the tree, but I never actually thought that such a huge branch would come down.

“I'm just glad it wasn't more serious."

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.