ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
christmas stamps
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
This comment:
"Boooobyisndjd
1 day, 2 hours ago 3 Likes
If you work for royal mail and they find out you have sold your christmas stamps,
It's a sackable offence!"
Wow! well if Boooobyisndjd says it then it must be true. He got 3 anonymous likes for the statement so he must be an authority on the subject.
Good grief.
"Boooobyisndjd
1 day, 2 hours ago 3 Likes
If you work for royal mail and they find out you have sold your christmas stamps,
It's a sackable offence!"
Wow! well if Boooobyisndjd says it then it must be true. He got 3 anonymous likes for the statement so he must be an authority on the subject.
Good grief.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
a few in our office buy them for £20 of others who don't need them,everyones a winner
-
Kirsty952002
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 11:47
- Gender: Female
christmas stamps
At least you got some stamps. I started the beginning of September, all I revcieved from HR was some leaflet giving me tips how to survive Christmas, depending on the role. Thought I just got in for the entitlement. 
-
SpongeBobPants
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 14:50
- Gender: Female
christmas stamps
You will be. They come out in stages up until 5th.
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
I do find it ironic that elsewhere on this site we have people getting "up a height" about the idea that the NHS might not get properly funded due to perfectly legal tax avoidance salary sacrifice schemes like those provided by the RM, and here we have people thinking that outright tax evasion is nothing to be concerned about!wannabeek wrote:Lol. I'm quaking at the thought of the tax man pursuing me when I finally put my stash of free RM stamps on eBay. I'm assuming that was a joke, cos it's a pretty ludicrous suggestion.
I reckon he'll get the right hump when he finds out I sold some duck eggs to a neighbour too. I think I could be in trouble here...
Now granted the chances of being caught are slim, mainly because I doubt HMRC would bother putting the effort in ~£10 (for each set of 50) of unpaid income tax and national insurance, but it's still tax evasion and you could get caught. e.g. A pair of Norwich Pharmacol Orders, one to Royal Mail Chat and one to your ISP and they'd have your home address and could invite themselves round for a nice chat based upon what you've written above.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
christmas stamps
For the uninitiated
A Norwich Pharmacal order is a court order for the disclosure of documents or information that is available in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It is granted against a third party which has been innocently mixed up in wrongdoing, forcing the disclosure of documents or information.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
christmas stamps
Maybe the press likes a good story but hey ho why brag about what you get as a freebie for your HARD WORK bet the MP's don't brag about freebie's anymore and who knows who is lurking on this site as regards to the press!wannabeek wrote:This comment:
"Boooobyisndjd
1 day, 2 hours ago 3 Likes
If you work for royal mail and they find out you have sold your christmas stamps,
It's a sackable offence!"
Wow! well if Boooobyisndjd says it then it must be true. He got 3 anonymous likes for the statement so he must be an authority on the subject.
Good grief.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
They won't be perfectly legal for much longer - the Chancellor is getting shut of them.toomuchcoke wrote:I do find it ironic that elsewhere on this site we have people getting "up a height" about the idea that the NHS might not get properly funded due to perfectly legal tax avoidance salary sacrifice schemes like those provided by the RM, and here we have people thinking that outright tax evasion is nothing to be concerned about!wannabeek wrote:Lol. I'm quaking at the thought of the tax man pursuing me when I finally put my stash of free RM stamps on eBay. I'm assuming that was a joke, cos it's a pretty ludicrous suggestion.
I reckon he'll get the right hump when he finds out I sold some duck eggs to a neighbour too. I think I could be in trouble here...
And, though I am loathe to agree with a Tory chancellor on anything, he is right on this one.
Why should the Exchequer be funding/subsidising Apple et al ?
Outright tax evasion - selling a few pints worth of stamps ?
Difference is, I'm on what , £10 an hour ?
Whilst Apple has an annual net profit of £50 billion
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
christmas stamps
Well you can bet your bottom dollar/pound the same they the big corporations will not pay a penny/dime more than they do now just get used to a free market economy as that is what Globalisation is. And don't forget your stuck here when these big businesses can move so your £10 of stamps will pay for what they don't pay by the way don't wave your willy in the cold air as you may not have one next day!jetblack wrote:They won't be perfectly legal for much longer - the Chancellor is getting shut of them.toomuchcoke wrote:I do find it ironic that elsewhere on this site we have people getting "up a height" about the idea that the NHS might not get properly funded due to perfectly legal tax avoidance salary sacrifice schemes like those provided by the RM, and here we have people thinking that outright tax evasion is nothing to be concerned about!wannabeek wrote:Lol. I'm quaking at the thought of the tax man pursuing me when I finally put my stash of free RM stamps on eBay. I'm assuming that was a joke, cos it's a pretty ludicrous suggestion.
I reckon he'll get the right hump when he finds out I sold some duck eggs to a neighbour too. I think I could be in trouble here...
And, though I am loathe to agree with a Tory chancellor on anything, he is right on this one.
Why should the Exchequer be funding/subsidising Apple et al ?
Outright tax evasion - selling a few pints worth of stamps ?![]()
Difference is, I'm on what , £10 an hour ?
Whilst Apple has an annual net profit of £50 billion![]()
- and their ilk are the true beneficiaries of the MyBundle type scams - not you and I, the humble postie.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
Wait, am I to understand that selling your stamps is tax evasion? The stamps that are given to you and owned by you? If that's tax evasion then how is selling other stuff on ebay/gumtree etc not tax evasion?
-
Smir
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
was thinking the same, he's paid off a week worth of that laptopnorm wrote:He's got to pay off that mac book ordered through mybundle some how.
-
avb1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 10:58
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
I have left Royal Mail now used to give my father most of my stamps before he died he used to to work for Royal Mail and was a pensioner ,couldn't understand why Royal Mail didn't give them to pensioners as they would probably have used them more !
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
This whole tax avoidance issue is utter cobblers. Any quick check on the gov.uk website will tell you that any gift to an employee is treated the same tax-wise whether it is cash or has a cash-equivalent value. Sell your stamps for a quid; use them to post letters; put them in the bin; sell them for £50 - whichever of those you do, your resulting tax obligations owed to HMRC will be exactly the same so far as the law is concerned.