ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
meal breaks?
-
jk_0703
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 09 Nov 2016, 17:29
- Gender: Male
meal breaks?
im on a 25hour contract 5hours a day 5days a week and I would like to know are there are any rules or guidelines as to whether I'm entitled to a break of any kind?
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
meal breaks?
Makes me laugh that managers or work place coach never explain breaks you're entitled to. You're entitled to 30mins. How this is allocated varies wildly by office. Speak to your rep, they should know.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
meal breaks?
my post in this thread http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=38940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
meal breaks?
TBT
Glad to see your link above im a partimer scheduled to work 5 hours a day but always do a bit more to complete my delivery, and on busy Wednesdays exceed 7 hours, BUT my manager has told me the most break I am entitled to is 20 mins as I don't start early to prep at 7!!!
Looks like my claim per day will be different from now on!
Who would have thought a RM manger would tell porky pies to save himself money!!
Glad to see your link above im a partimer scheduled to work 5 hours a day but always do a bit more to complete my delivery, and on busy Wednesdays exceed 7 hours, BUT my manager has told me the most break I am entitled to is 20 mins as I don't start early to prep at 7!!!
Looks like my claim per day will be different from now on!
Who would have thought a RM manger would tell porky pies to save himself money!!
-
jk_0703
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 09 Nov 2016, 17:29
- Gender: Male
meal breaks?
thanks for help clearing it up guys.