ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Does anyone take advantage of the RM shopping or car lease perks?
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Does anyone take advantage of the RM shopping or car lease perks?
I've ordered a Toyota Aygo through the leasing as I'm moving and need a car to get to work. I booked a test drive before I ordered it and it was dropped off at my house for 4 days. Liked it so much I've ordered one which is now being built and due for delivery in January. I was going to get the basic one which was £38 a week but decided to upgrade for another few quid. The best bit about it is all I have to do is put petrol in it, don't have to worry about tax or insurance, servicing, tyres etc as thats all included.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Does anyone take advantage of the RM shopping or car lease perks?
I'm leasing next time I renew my car. I'll have a look at RM's deals and see how they fair nearer the time against the competition.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Does anyone take advantage of the RM shopping or car lease perks?
They won't tell you this,however you do not have to use Halfords, I didn't,used my local bike shop, no problem at all.toomuchcoke wrote:I've used C2W in the past, but I'm not really convinced by it. Mainly because where I live in the country I'm basically limited to picking from what Halfords offer. (And worse, what Halfords put together! In my experience the first thing you should do with a bike from Halfords is take it to a friendly local bike shop and pay them to re-assemble it!)postiewhite wrote:This is the first time i've actually looked what perks we get. I'm not relly interested in the shopping vouchers or 10% of Ask Italian but I did think the Cineworld yearly pass was worth getting which works out about £60 cheaper than retail. Ive also wondered about the car lease because my car needs changing but Ive never been a fan of leasing a car. What perks do you use and what do you find beneficial?
I've also used the discounted online Apple Store when I bought myself an iPhone about 6 months ago. Totally painless, just a couple of extra clicks to get 2% discount off the list price followed by wandering down to the physical Apple Store to pick it up! Okay 2% is hardly a discount worth shouting to the heavens about, but better than a 0% discount!
I do keep meaning to use the discounted reloadable Tesco card, but somehow never get around to it. I'm not sure why as a small amount of hassle for a 5% discount in Tesco seems worthwhile!
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Does anyone take advantage of the RM shopping or car lease perks?
I'm still not sure it's worth it when compared against using a "0% on purchases" credit card (some of which are 0% for more than 2 years) and having the money sit in a bank account earning 3% for that time period. Bonus points if you buy from the likes of Wiggle, Chain Reaction or Evans where you can (generally) also get cashback on your purchase to the tune of ~2%. Planet X will take Halfords C2W vouchers, but the admin fee they charge would seem to wipe out any savings you might make as a result of C2W.rubberbond wrote:They won't tell you this,however you do not have to use Halfords, I didn't,used my local bike shop, no problem at all.