ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
can i pick another duty
-
claystones
- Posts: 329
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 23:34
- Gender: Male
can i pick another duty
I went up to a 35hour contract last week from 30 hours after it was put on the noticeboard this week a 40 hour job has become available can I put in for this because it is an increase in hours or do I have to wait 12 months to apply
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
can i pick another duty
Unless there is a repick of all duties then I am afraid no. You are tied to the duty for 12 months minimum. Thats the official line and one the CWU should stick to.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
FinishOnTime
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 25 Apr 2013, 16:37
- Gender: Male
can i pick another duty
I thought the process is people must stay on a duty for 12 months unless there is an opportunity to increase their hours, in which case they are free to apply for it. Certainly the way it works in our office. Why would we deny a senior part timer full time hours if they're available and they want them?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
can i pick another duty
Yes you can. As stated above, an increase in hours counts as a promotion and as such you do not have to wait 12 months.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.