Hi folks
What is the RM milage rate for a motorbike, when sent to work in another office to cover for short staff? And how many miles can you claim in a year?
Cheers
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mileage payment when using motorbike
-
DrFunkee
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 25 Apr 2014, 16:50
- Gender: Female
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Mileage payment when using motorbike
As far as I remember Royal Mail do not recognise motorcycles, being a rider myself.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
DrFunkee
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 25 Apr 2014, 16:50
- Gender: Female
Mileage payment when using motorbike
So is it the same as the car rate?olilew wrote:As far as I remember Royal Mail do not recognise motorcycles, being a rider myself.
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Mileage payment when using motorbike
No I meant they don't recognise the use of motorcycles, But I am 12 years in and asked when I first started. Might be different now.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
zipmeister
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 17:37
- Gender: Male
Mileage payment when using motorbike
I ride a motorbike and I have just had a mileage claim approved at 25p per mile.
-
superdazzy
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Mileage payment when using motorbike
Also your not insured to travel inbetween offices, most policy's state to a single place of work. If they ask any of us to go to another office we state we are not insured so we would require the use of a royal mail van(which isn't normally available).
-
Eddieon67
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 20:56
- Gender: Male
Mileage payment when using motorbike
Have same issue i got contract in a rural office 35 mile away from home but have since transferred to main office in city closer. But i am out in loan to the very office i started am i entitled to anything.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Mileage payment when using motorbike
Eddieon67 wrote:Have same issue i got contract in a rural office 35 mile away from home but have since transferred to main office in city closer. But i am out in loan to the very office i started am i entitled to anything.
Yes if its an official transfer then its no longer your home office to the "working in other offices" rules apply. Including the insurance ones.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
pixelhead120
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Mileage payment when using motorbike
Agree with Zipmeister, used my bike when I joined as had my training days in London and they paid mileage at 25p a mile as per the Government advise 