ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Has anyone ever kicked a dog?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Has anyone ever kicked a dog?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

woopesh wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Peeps please be careful how you present your opinions in this thread, Be very careful with what, and how, you say something.

We do not know who is lurking, and Customers and Managers can access this section when they register.

Basically follow the rule don't say anything in here that you won't repeat to a manager. In this case, include anything you won't say before something happens. It will be harder to prove self-defense when you posted here what actions you would take in certain circumstances. By definition, Self defence cannot usually be pre-meditated, it's instinctive.
But how can the managers know who we are or where we work? Why does it matter?
It matters because you can be disciplined by posting the wrong stuff on here. It HAS happened.

The managers won't know, or have access to your IP Address or registered email. But frankly, they don't need it.

If you have posters on here from your unit have you spotted them, if so the manager can as well.

Even if you haven't, people post information on here which on its own is nothing, but it adds to the picture and if a manager suspects a member is from his unit it only takes one post to confirm it.

My boss knows who I am, I told him, and his bosses. But people on here, innocently enough, post questions about grievances, sickness, selling shares, leave, overtime, cutting off and complaints they are dealing with, interactions at work and with the Coach. Each little piece is ok, but it builds a picture and one that managers can file away and use when someone cocks up big style on here.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Has anyone ever kicked a dog?

Post by woopesh »

God. I really didn't think they would care or have the time. I'll prob not bother posting anymore, unless its for stuff I would ask a manager anyway, in which case I might as well ask them on Royal Mail time rather than waste mine at home!
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Has anyone ever kicked a dog?

Post by bustedflush »

woopesh wrote:God. I really didn't think they would care or have the time. I'll prob not bother posting anymore, unless its for stuff I would ask a manager anyway, in which case I might as well ask them on Royal Mail time rather than waste mine at home!

It's true - when I asked for advice a few years back after a colleague nearly killed me when driving the van the circumstances were easily associated with me by another colleague who approached me and asked me straight, so I confirmed it straight. No point in denying it.

Think of it as a pixelated photo like on Question of Sport - you can't see a thing as first but each time some detail is added, it hits a point where it can only be one person and nobody else! That's what you leave behind on here each time you post. :neutral:
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Has anyone ever kicked a dog?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

bustedflush wrote:
woopesh wrote:God. I really didn't think they would care or have the time. I'll prob not bother posting anymore, unless its for stuff I would ask a manager anyway, in which case I might as well ask them on Royal Mail time rather than waste mine at home!

It's true - when I asked for advice a few years back after a colleague nearly killed me when driving the van the circumstances were easily associated with me by another colleague who approached me and asked me straight, so I confirmed it straight. No point in denying it.

Think of it as a pixelated photo like on Question of Sport - you can't see a thing as first but each time some detail is added, it hits a point where it can only be one person and nobody else! That's what you leave behind on here each time you post. :neutral:
Some on here leave an even easier clue such as today "Our newest member 10568905" which looks very much like a pay number. :arrrghhh :roll:
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Has anyone ever kicked a dog?

Post by bustedflush »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
bustedflush wrote:
woopesh wrote:God. I really didn't think they would care or have the time. I'll prob not bother posting anymore, unless its for stuff I would ask a manager anyway, in which case I might as well ask them on Royal Mail time rather than waste mine at home!

It's true - when I asked for advice a few years back after a colleague nearly killed me when driving the van the circumstances were easily associated with me by another colleague who approached me and asked me straight, so I confirmed it straight. No point in denying it.

Think of it as a pixelated photo like on Question of Sport - you can't see a thing as first but each time some detail is added, it hits a point where it can only be one person and nobody else! That's what you leave behind on here each time you post. :neutral:
Some on here leave an even easier clue such as today "Our newest member 10568905" which looks very much like a pay number. :arrrghhh :roll:

There's always one! :crazy:
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Has anyone ever kicked a dog?

Post by fishtank »

I've had a great deal of experience with dogs over the years including some nasty bites that have required medical attention and I've never felt it appropriate or even sensible to attack the dog. The times I've been bitten I've had no idea the dog was there until it attacked and in the numerous other occasions where I've had near misses I've always concerned myself with escape rather than trying to outfight a set of snarling teeth. I suppose in a theoretical situation where there was no escape route and the animal would not back down I would have to resort to any tactic to protect myself but in 25 years I've never put myself in that situation and I would see it as a personal failure if I did.

Those that get a "warm , fuzzy feeling" from kicking a dog might want to seek some therapy before they start looking for that feeling elsewhere in their lives, it's a bit dark for me to be honest.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Has anyone ever kicked a dog?

Post by krussel »

I ve personally never kicked a dog and yes i have been bitten a few times with one requiring stitches. I have smacked the odd one with a packet as they have come running out to bit me. Not really hard of course but the shock can be enough to stop them. If they are really going to bit then they are going to do it. Only thing you can do in that desperate circumstance is find something to climb on. Bin, wall or customers car. Ive done all 3 :Very Happy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Has anyone ever kicked a dog?

Post by cpsteve »

When they stop me kicking dogs I will know its time to leave the job mind you flower pots are a menace so I may switch to them :wink:.