ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
train crossing
-
jonw76
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 20:17
- Gender: Male
train crossing
hi all help needed please asap my boss has received a email from the transport police saying I left a gate open at a railway crossing stating a time and reg number, it was in early july and I'm almost sure I didn't do it unless there was workers on track and gate was open or there was a car coming other way on single track who didn't shut gate. I have to admit guilt and go on a awareness day with a 3 year community order thing or tell truth and maybe get prosecuted any help please
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
train crossing
If you didn't do it then tell the truth.
What evidence do they have ? Have you/the manager been made aware of it ?
Do you think you might be guilty but can't quite remember ? If so, the evidence (such as it is) should clarify your position one way or the other.
What evidence do they have ? Have you/the manager been made aware of it ?
Do you think you might be guilty but can't quite remember ? If so, the evidence (such as it is) should clarify your position one way or the other.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
jonw76
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 20:17
- Gender: Male
train crossing
On the email it says they have cctv at crossing but I'm sure I'd of shut the gate after opening it.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
train crossing
Surely you're allowed to see that evidence if it exists? I fractionally overshot a red light once many years ago and was allowed to go to a police station to see the photo evidence of that.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
train crossing
Have you checked if that date in early July was your day off ?jonw76 wrote:hi all help needed please asap my boss has received a email from the transport police saying I left a gate open at a railway crossing stating a time and reg number, it was in early july and I'm almost sure I didn't do it unless there was workers on track and gate was open or there was a car coming other way on single track who didn't shut gate. I have to admit guilt and go on a awareness day with a 3 year community order thing or tell truth and maybe get prosecuted any help please
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
train crossing
If they have only just emailed/contacted you now I'd get legal advice, I think if you don't actually have an accident they have to give you a notice of a potential prosecution for a motor offence within 14 or 28 days so you have chance to recall the incident.
How are you meant to remember 4 months later!!
Update - I just researched it on the internet, the police must serve a "notice of intended prosecution within 14 days" of the allegation BUT they only need do do that on the registered keeper e.g. Royal Mail so if RM failed to tell you for four months it doesn't matter. (Thanks a lot mind!!)
Also it says the police have to prosecute you within 6 months of the incident after serving the notice.
Sone might say it's a good idea to drag this out!!!!
I would definitely check the van log book to see if I was the driver.
How are you meant to remember 4 months later!!
Update - I just researched it on the internet, the police must serve a "notice of intended prosecution within 14 days" of the allegation BUT they only need do do that on the registered keeper e.g. Royal Mail so if RM failed to tell you for four months it doesn't matter. (Thanks a lot mind!!)
Also it says the police have to prosecute you within 6 months of the incident after serving the notice.
Sone might say it's a good idea to drag this out!!!!
I would definitely check the van log book to see if I was the driver.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
train crossing
blagh blagh blagh... " or tell truth and maybe get prosecuted any help please "
Best option is to just tell the truth. We are all human and fallible, we make mistakes. Don't lie, say what you know is true and trust that they understand.
I am not saying it is your fault.. Just stand by the truth. Wish you the best of luck.
Best option is to just tell the truth. We are all human and fallible, we make mistakes. Don't lie, say what you know is true and trust that they understand.
I am not saying it is your fault.. Just stand by the truth. Wish you the best of luck.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
train crossing
Maybe the wind blew it open after you closed it who is to say it was not a serviceable gate at the time you last went through it as all thing considered it is hardly mass murder!jonw76 wrote:hi all help needed please asap my boss has received a email from the transport police saying I left a gate open at a railway crossing stating a time and reg number, it was in early july and I'm almost sure I didn't do it unless there was workers on track and gate was open or there was a car coming other way on single track who didn't shut gate. I have to admit guilt and go on a awareness day with a 3 year community order thing or tell truth and maybe get prosecuted any help please
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
train crossing
Firstly, you need to check log book to ensure you were the person in charge of the vehicle on that given day. I would assume a manager has already done so, but it would also not surprise me if they just made an assumption based on you being the regular driver of that particular vehicle. Once it has been established for certain that you were the person driving the vehicle on the day in question, I would then be making a request to see the evidence as you cannot recall the incident, given it was ~4 months ago.